Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Almost finished pestering just a couple more Questions! >

Almost finished pestering just a couple more Questions!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Almost finished pestering just a couple more Questions!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Using Black Horn 209 and the proper Harvester or MMP sabot your should be able to quickly reload for a second shot. On the range, I can normally fire 10 to 15 shots before I notice any difference in loading pressure. Not so with 777 or Pyrodex. I don't use pellets at all because of the weight difference from one to the other. Granular products are much easier to keep at a uniforn weight or volume.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

All I use is Pyrodex or black powder and I use Harvester sabots and either Hornady XTPs or T/C Shockwave bullets. I have not had any difficulty loading a second or even a third shot using either of these propellants and sabot/bullet combo even though the initial load is snug in the bore.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

What Kind of gun are you shooting. If you are usuing an inline with 209 primers Use Blackhorn 209 powder. I don't know what kind of gun you are shooting so contact Blackhorn to see if your gun can shoot it. The max charge to use is 120 grains, and it will kick your arm off. Also if you can use it ask if you will have to get the 209 breech plug. good luck
Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

I've loaded 5 consecutive rounds in the field shooting 300 grain Parker Ballistic Extremes with Black MMP sabots over 110 grains of T7 out of a CVA Accura and didn't have a problem loading each round. Granted my nerves probably helped shove the bullets down faster since it was a 3 deer shooting spree but even on the bench I've shot 3 in a row with no problems loading.