Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
looks like the Hawken gets the call >

looks like the Hawken gets the call

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

looks like the Hawken gets the call

Old 10-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default looks like the Hawken gets the call

Tomorrow starts our early 2 day "antlerless only" season this year and the scope I have coming from Leupold (replacement for a defective 39yo scope I sent back) hasn't made it here yet. Looks like the new CVA Wolf will set at home while I hunt tomorrow.

I got the old T/C Hawken with the 21" GM LRH barrel out this afternoon and will use it tomorrow. It will shoot 3" groups at 100 yards, even with my old eyes and the fiber optic sights (where I just put the green out of focus blob between the 2 red out of focus blobs and set the target on top).

80gr fffg Goex and a 300gr XTP will be the load for this weekend.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:53 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by wabi
Tomorrow starts our early 2 day "antlerless only" season this year and the scope I have coming from Leupold (replacement for a defective 39yo scope I sent back) hasn't made it here yet. Looks like the new CVA Wolf will set at home while I hunt tomorrow.

I got the old T/C Hawken with the 21" GM LRH barrel out this afternoon and will use it tomorrow. It will shoot 3" groups at 100 yards, even with my old eyes and the fiber optic sights (where I just put the green out of focus blob between the 2 red out of focus blobs and set the target on top).

80gr fffg Goex and a 300gr XTP will be the load for this weekend.
That's a good gun and a good load .it should do the job quite nicely
. Good luck on your hunt .

Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck and shoot some freezer food. I have the same barrel and that's the same load mine shoots.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wabi, good luck on your hunt.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

WABI...I do not own a Hawkin but I stopped by the Grave of Samual Hawkin today while I had an interesting tour of Bellefontaine Cemetery here in St. Louis.

CVG Ohio