Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NEED HELP Black Diamond >

NEED HELP Black Diamond

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NEED HELP Black Diamond

Old 09-28-2003, 08:57 AM

Default NEED HELP Black Diamond

[:' (]HELP
I have a TC Black Diamondbought last year. I just got it out for this season . I am trying to clean it but the breech plug is stuck. I have tried everything but I can' t get it loose. Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED HELP Black Diamond

If you dont have your breech plug wrench you can buy a replacment at wal-mart. You have to remember to lube the breech plug after you clean it each time.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:06 AM

Actually i tried to loosen it with two different breech plug wrenches and I still could not get it loose. I cleaned my gun very carefully per TC directions at end of season last year and put anti-seize on the plug. It still got stuck. I also at some problems with rust around the plug and nipple. I spent most of Sunday trying to get everything straightened out. I still haven' t found ammo it likes. I couldn' t find it last year either. The closest group I can get is 2 1/2" to 3" at 100.
By the way my husband at to put the barrel in a vise to break the plug free.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:12 AM

What kind of anti-seize? What powder were you using? What kind of barrel metal protectant?

What load combinations have you tried?
Old 09-29-2003, 07:48 AM

The anti-seize used was TC Super Lube Anti-Seize. I just read your opinion of them but I used Bore Butter for cleaning and protecting. Also used Number 13 Bore Cleaner. What do you recommend for cleaning and protecting. Can' t remember If I told ya' ll the ML is a .50cal. I can' t remember the loads I used last year but here is a list of this years.Powerbelt 245 gr. Copper Clad Aero-Tip,Winchester .260 gr. Platinum Tip Hollow Point, Knight 240gr. Polymer Tipped High Pressure, TC .240 Mag Sabots Mag Sabots( I do know I tried these last year with a range of pyrodex pellets weights from 50-150 gr. This ammo is what came with the gun).This year instead of Pyrodex I am using a 100gr. of Triple 7 pellets .
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:56 AM

" Super Lube" is a grease, not an anti-seize compound.

Bostik Never-Seize (NSBT-16) or similar Mil-Spec 907E compounds (available at auto parts stores) do a fine job.

It is essentially hot water to clean the barrels, dry-patch, followed by Breakfree CLP.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:05 AM

Do you just use the Breakfree at the end of year cleaning or any time you use the hot water method (by the way I did clean with hot water and soap method during season and at end of season last year).
Old 09-29-2003, 11:44 AM

Bowtechgirl,

I use BreakFree CLP all the time, after every cleaning. Recently, I' ve tried FP-10-- but Breakfree appears to be a better overall performer.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just my two cents worth...you don' t have to over-tighten the breech plug. When it is finger tight just slightly snug it a little more and you should be good. I lube my threads with monkey grease which I think is a Knight product. I have never had one stick since I stopped over-tightening.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: NEED HELP Black Diamond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.