Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight prototype bullet >

Knight prototype bullet

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight prototype bullet

Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Knight prototype bullet

Six months ago Knight put up a video of them testing a prototype .40 caliber bullet that was 230 grains. I believe there was some also some other field testing going on with this bullet as well. It seems that this bullet along with a fast twist .45 caliber muzzleloader is no longer being talked about. Anyone have any information as if this project has been scrapped or what? I haven't been around much so I may have missed something on this as well.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chaded
Six months ago Knight put up a video of them testing a prototype .40 caliber bullet that was 230 grains. I believe there was some also some other field testing going on with this bullet as well. It seems that this bullet along with a fast twist .45 caliber muzzleloader is no longer being talked about. Anyone have any information as if this project has been scrapped or what? I haven't been around much so I may have missed something on this as well.
If I were to describe the situation - at this time it is on the back burner as there are so few guns that can shoot it.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:08 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
If I were to describe the situation - at this time it is on the back burner as there are so few guns that can shoot it.
Which is to bad , as I was hoping to use them this season. I guess it's back to the 50 cal gun or slower twist .45 or a conical bullet. Although Dead Centers shoot fairly good in the 1:20 . I guess there are still lots of options either way .