Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Getting antsy

Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Getting antsy

The last couple days here have been unseasonably cool for July - highs in the mid-60's and down to the mid-40's at night. Naturally the cool weather makes me think about hunting. It'll be here before you know it. Sure is a lot to do to get ready for the season. Still have to clear a couple trails and work on a load. I just realized I don't even know if my stand from last year is still up after a couple of the storms that came through this spring. Guess I'll have to go check it out one morning.
Come on fall!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm with you SuperKirby - COME ON FALL.

(Down here in Louisiana we won't see highs in the mid-60s until October - maybe November - December for sure.)
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just checked mine and the was a pretty doe with two fawns standing right in my shooting lane. Had 1700 pictures in 3 days on my food plot, but only 4 or 5 bucks.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM
1874sharpsshooter

August 17th is archery antelope . I've already scouted out a few groups. I just need to see where they end up as they get pushed around by the harvesters