Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
To shoot or not to shoot? >

To shoot or not to shoot?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

To shoot or not to shoot?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default To shoot or not to shoot?

So, after almost no interest in the LHR, I'm getting the itch to shoot it. I'm holding off because I really do need to sell it and I figure I'm more apt to get what I need out of it if it's unfired. If I do shoot it and it shoots real good, I may well convince myself that since I've had not interest in it I should just keep it, but I feel like that's not very responsible.
So should I give in and just shoot it or try to be responsible and not?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lower the price. You're only $50 under a new one.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Lower the price. You're only $50 under a new one.
I agree. Likely most who are interested in this gun and have the cash are willing to shell out the extra $$ for a new one direct from the factory.

Maybe if you shoot it and work up a good load combo you can still sell it for close to what you want. A new model like this is not collectable so the price difference between an unfired gun and one that has been shot just to work up a load should be negligible.

In other words, shoot it!!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I don't agree, when you are talking about a new unfired gun, Not sure that is going to matter. Before I lowered anymore I would just keep it. Now if you do fire it, You will most likely loose a couple hundred or better out of the price.

Run it on gunbroker or gunsamerica first. You have to remember this time of year is hard to sell anything. It gets closer to seasons opening back up, you will get it. I know that doesn't help you now but...
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

SuperKirby

Sometimes you need to do what the situation dictates. I understand the original reason for trying to resale. I that situation needs to be handled by the movement of the rifle - you need to do the best you can and get what you can.

But, I agree with Boonechaser, if you can work through the current reason for selling the rifle.