Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Dream Season Ready >

Dream Season Ready

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dream Season Ready

Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dream Season Ready

Another snow storm is forcast beginning later today, and ending tomorrow night. This morning it seemed prudent to shoot the rifle, and take advantage of the respite in weather. It was 20 degrees at 4900' where the target was ranged at 242 yard. The rifle was loaded with 110g Blackhorn, 300g Deep Curl, crush rib sabot, W209 primer, and the cds dial on the 4X scope was set. Three shots were taken.

Then a move was made to another spot at 4700' so to set up a 100 yard shot. The cds dial was dialed down.

As i squeezed the trigger for the first shot, i noticed the rifle move, and watched the cross hair jump a tiny bit left. The bullet hit out of the red. It began snowing, two more shots were taken, and they seemed good. It seemed to me the rifle is ready for hunting season, so i picked up and went home; noticed the temperature to be 22 degrees now, and snow was beginning to stack.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Weather man told us about the storm out there and how its headed to my house Wednesday and Thursday. He forgot to mention the snow squall we had this morning.

That sure is long distance IMO to shoot a muzzleloader. But you pull it off well. That's a real pretty rifle.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Nice shooting Ron.

That's a tough Spring. Hoe the storm passes quick.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's one helluva hollowpoint bullet there on the table.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, no, that is not a bullet, it is a 'fiŋ-gar di-'vīs, a special tool for Apex owners.