Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
CVA Mountain Rifle Odessy Ends!!! >

CVA Mountain Rifle Odessy Ends!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Mountain Rifle Odessy Ends!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking CVA Mountain Rifle Odessy Ends!!!

Well can't remember if I noted that the third MR arrived to replace the second which was chipping. Well the third rifle was worse then all put together!!!

I was definitely besides myself when I opened up the box and started a look over. I figured out that i needed to get with someone higher up in the food chain, like the CEO of the company. I did my research and got Mr. McGarity's name and address and started to write him a snail mail letter. He had no publicly listed email. But I did think I should get back with the guy in customer support to let him know what I was up to. Long story short within a few minutes I received an from the CEO with a bundle of apologies. He explained that they would get to the bottom of the problem. All I had heard for the past seven months. I was beginning to believe I was back to barking up the wrong tree.

Within a short period of time the customer support guy got back to me an offered to refund the cost of the MR or would I like to upgrade to an Apex model? I did all the FFL paperwork and am now the proud owner of an Apex ML 50 cal.

It is a handsome rifle and looks and feels the same as the MR. Of course it is heavier by a pound I think. Can't wait to get it to the range and ring it out. got a bunch of powder and bullets to try.

I am really sorry that the MR didn't work out. I had a lot of time invested in it and it really grew on me. With the exception of that stupid weather coating, it had a lot going for it. It is by far one of the most accurate inline ML rifles I have ever fired. What a shame.

Oh well, until the range report guys

Last edited by rafsob; 04-05-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had kept my MR, I would have sandblasted the finish off of it.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If I had kept my MR, I would have sandblasted the finish off of it.
I gave that some serious thought. I can only hope that they get this problem straight. It is obvious that whoever is working on getting the metal is either a novice or just didn't get the training to do the job right!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's great that it's resolved rafsob. Now you can get down to the serious business of giving us a shooting report.

The whole thing has been a good/bad story. Good in that they kept trying to give you good service. Bad that they don't seem to have a decent Mountain Rifle in stock.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wonder how the black version is? They claim the problem is fixed on those.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I wonder how the black version is? They claim the problem is fixed on those.
the third rifle was one of the black guns. And it was vey bad. Not only did I find chipping, but also dimpling where the coating would not coat an area due to contamination of some kind! the black gun did look good though.

I can only hope they get management to pull their heads out or they are going to have a lot of problems trying to sell this gun. but I am sure there are a lot of people who don't care about the condition of the rifle and will just say, "Oh well!" and just let it slide. It just ticks me off that people let this kind of garbage slide and accept sub-standard workmanship!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's too bad. They should drop that coating. It's obvious they don't know how to put it on.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Enjoy your New Apex rafsob and be sure to write a report on it. Yea it's too bad the MR had those issues and wern't fixed by now, they should have just left it alone and sold it with the SS Barrel.
(BP)
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad you got it worked out, and it sounds like it worked out a lot better for you in the end. It's horrible that they're having that many issues with the coating, but they're customer service appears to have be pretty good.
Let us know how it shoots.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Will do guys. Yes it is a shame about a really fine rifle otherwise. Will be busy all day, but can't wait to clean her up and put my Leupold scope on her. Hopefully I can get to the range next week early and give her a good work out!!!

I am thinking of already getting a centerfire barrel in .243 Win. I have a Trifecta, three barrel, rifle for the grand babies and it has a .243 barrel for it. That is the only caliber I don't reload and thought why not. Not that I need to justify another gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.