Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Buffalo bullets?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Buffalo bullets?

I thought company went out of business? While searching Internet last night I was surprised to find that they can still be bought. I have always liked Ball-etts for a cheap fun shooting bullet and I thought they were gone forever. I for one am glad to see they are available again.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Spike

Where?????
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

I recently bought some from The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodg...0%26%20Bullets
Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Spike

The gun works had them,but told me when they are gone they are gone for good.I saw somewhere on a forum that someone bought the tooling and was going to reintroduce at least part of the line.I thought maybe they where available again already.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

I just google muzzleloader supplies, a place called Buffalo Arms. I didn't try ordering any yet, sure hope site is up to date.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had any Ball-etts, but there is something that sounds similiar. Hornady makes a 50 cal. 240 gr. PA conical. Having a .512 front band, they do not require a patch and shoot well in my traditional Investarm. They are concave on the back, I suspect that the skirt expands and grips the rifling. They are heavily lubed. I don't remember what they cost, I got them at MidwayUSA, 50 in a box.