Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!! >

Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Update on CVA Weather Shield Chipping!!

A while back I bought a CVA Acura Mountain Rifle. I had a ball shooting it and fell in love with the accuracy. But after getting it home i noticed when cleaning it that the weather shield coating on the barrel and frame was chipping off. I got back with CVA and had a conversation with customer support. Was told to keep the rifle until after deer season and then get back with them for a replacement. They didn't have any rifles with a new coating process. They understood that the weather coating was not installed properly.

Well after the season I called back and they still didn't have the new guns. I gave it another month and got back and they started to give me a little hemming and hawing and I had to get hard with the guy. He got back to me and sent me a new rifle.

Now this is the part that kills me. The new gun has coating chipping off of the frame. I haven't even shot it yet. I am waiting to hear from the guy I have been dealing with. He is supposed to be back in the office on friday.

I am at a total loss as what to do. I really love this gun, but why in the hell did they coat a SS gun with an obviously faulty coating process??? Ruger doesn't have any problem coating their guns. Other gun companies don't have any problems with the guns they coat. What is CVA's problem???
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

The first batch was suppose to be a few guns that didn't get the oil cleaned off them good before the coating . You waited a long time , now a new batch arrive with the same problem . Don't sound like the first reason holds up in light of that. I hope it works out for you and I hope your CS experience isn't as bad as mine was .yhanks to their CS I will never own a CVA . Good luck , especially since you really like the gun .
And in all fairness to CVA , it might depend on who you get on the phone . For me, I got a real lulu .

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 02-21-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Actually the guy I have been talking to has been very receptive to my problem. I don't have a problems with him but the process they are using to coat these rifles. I can't believe that this problem is not being addressed at the company. Do people just say screw it and don't complain about it? Good question.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just for the record. The one I sold started to chip after he had it for awhile too.

If it was mine, and I really liked the gun. I'd have that crap sandblasted off.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Dominant Buck

If the coating is bad, they should just offer them in stainless steel.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Man that stinks. I have probably had the worse luck with that company than anyone so I feel your pain somewhat.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope they work it out for you, that stinks. I have to agree...why coat a SS barrel?

Is that the ONLY way they offer the gun, with the coating?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

If they offered it in stainless I would have one. The coating is just a sales gimmick. There is no reason to coat a stainless barell.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Apex is the same style gun and is SS. But the Apex is a variable barrel gun and would have to be sent to an FFL if they wanted to replace my gun. Im thinking they wouldn't offer that gun and I don't care much for the other guns in their line up. I would just ask for my money back.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by rafsob
I think the Apex is the same style gun and is SS. But the Apex is a variable barrel gun and would have to be sent to an FFL if they wanted to replace my gun. Im thinking they wouldn't offer that gun and I don't care much for the other guns in their line up. I would just ask for my money back.
Tell them to refund half your money and you will take care of the problem yourself .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.