Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Omega gets some new life >

Omega gets some new life

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega gets some new life

Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Omega gets some new life

I finally found a thumbhole laminate stock for my Omega. I can't wait to get it to the range tomorrow and finish out the season with it. The omega hasn't received much love lately due to me using my Endeavor all the time. That's about to change. This stock really helps the balance and feel of this gun. I can slide a 3 by 5 note card (which is thicker than a dollar) all the way to the first lug. This should be plenty of float right. I hope the wood stock will be a little more consistent and forgiving of hand pressure.

Omega gets some new life-image.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	24824
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Here's another pic. Sorry they're so small. Still trying to figure how to post pics from my phone.

Omega gets some new life-image.jpg

Last edited by SHulion; 02-09-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SHulion
Here's another pic. Sorry they're so small. Still trying to figure how to post pics from my phone.

Attachment 24829

Assume looking - Good Find

Last edited by sabotloader; 02-09-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Looks good. I have a non-thumbhole laminate stock on my omega and once in awhile I think about trying to find a lam. thumbhole stock for it. The one thats on it feels real comfortable so I just can't see switching it. I keep my endeavor scoped all the time to use during our regular firearms season and open sights on the omega for use during the muzzleloader season. Both my guns get love that way every fall. And I really do love both but maybe the endeavor a titch more.