Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
More on the Redfield Revenge Scope... >

More on the Redfield Revenge Scope...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

More on the Redfield Revenge Scope...

Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default More on the Redfield Revenge Scope...

Confirmed... it is made in the Phillipines along with a couple of other name brand scopes in the same facility...
But today my grand daughter and I went to Wholesale Sports, she wanted to look at and for a new Diamond Edge bow for herself and I wanted to see if they had any of the Revenge scopes - they did. $179.99

Anyway I asked to check it out, I did not request to take it outside just looked at it in the building. OK so maybe I am easily impressed but I really liked the optics and the Acru Range Reticule. The fine cross hairs at the cross point are realy nice for me and the heavy verticle and horizontal X to the center were just what I like.

It does share one characteristic with all the other Leupolds that I have... the power ring is tight - tight to turn... Since I am blind I have to turn the fast focus ring out a healthy chunk to get the reticule focus the way i need it to.

The counter guy then asked if I wanted to try it in a stock which I quickly agreed to but I asked him if he had a ruler and woul ddo some measurin gfor me, which he agreed to. The stock was terribly short - I mean really short but I got on the stock and asked him to measure the approximate eye relief. On 3X it was very close to 5 inches and on 9X it was just less than 4". I am happy with that, even though it really does not matter to me that much.

Also while in the stock I used it to locate and sight in various things. Target aquistition on 3 power was very quick and very easy... I found no real problem on 9x either but the build is only so big...

I really think it is going to be a very good scope for me. My only regret is that it does not have the rain guard coating on the lenses like my good Bushnells, so I am going to end up using scope covers, which I do not very need or use with the Elites.
The last thing I/we did is I asked my grand daughter try it and see if she felt she could see things... She loved it, but heck she is only 14...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

It sounds like a real fine scope. Now what size bell were you looking at?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
It sounds like a real fine scope. Now what size bell were you looking at?
It was the 3x9x42... What scope mount do you have on your Optima? Is it not one of those 1 piece mounts that CVA sales?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, it is the Dura Sight one piece mount and I was told that only a 40mm or smaller bell will fit. The 40mm almost touches the barrel now. But I see that scope is offered in a 33mm bell. Now that would interest me a lot. I think a 2-7 is about the perfect magnification for a scope where I live and hunt. Although I do like the 9 and 10x when checking targets.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
Yes, it is the Dura Sight one piece mount and I was told that only a 40mm or smaller bell will fit. The 40mm almost touches the barrel now. But I see that scope is offered in a 33mm bell. Now that would interest me a lot. I think a 2-7 is about the perfect magnification for a scope where I live and hunt. Although I do like the 9 and 10x when checking targets.
You know... everthing you have said about your hunting area, the 2x7 would surely fit the bill.

Amazon has them and they are one of the few:

http://www.amazon.com/Redfield-67085...dfield+revenge

The 2x7 with Accru-Range is hard to find... there are a lot of 2x7x34 four plex scopes out there for $140 area...

Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

I put a redfield revolution on my marlin 336. For the money it has been an great scope so far.I have put about 300 rounds of 35 rem thru it. I think Leupold definitely has a say in quality control over this line.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
The 2x7 with Accru-Range is hard to find... there are a lot of 2x7x34 four plex scopes out there for $140 area...

Bumping this up. Redfield is offering a $40 rebate on this or any other Revenge scope purchased online between April 15 and June 1.

That brings it right to about $100 if you can find free shipping.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Cabelas has a 40 dollar rebate on them.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
Cabelas has a 40 dollar rebate on them.
Actally, I don't believe it is a Cabelas rebate, rather it is a Redfield rebate, meaning you mail it to Redfields after an online purchase from any company. If I'm wrong, that means you could save $80 total buying from Cabelas.

Here is a link to the form.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hubby11
Actally, I don't believe it is a Cabelas rebate, rather it is a Redfield rebate, meaning you mail it to Redfields after an online purchase from any company. If I'm wrong, that means you could save $80 total buying from Cabelas.

Here is a link to the form.
Yeah your correct, what I meant was that Cabelas is advertising the rebate. Bass Pro is as well. Some companies I saw online were not advertising it so I just said Cabelas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.