Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic. No good deed goes un punished. >

Off Topic. No good deed goes un punished.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic. No good deed goes un punished.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Off Topic. No good deed goes un punished.

Sometimes a guy just gets stupid.

I was driving south on Washington street in Twin falls it isn't too busy on the north side of pole line side. I was at the light at Pole line road, and pole line is a SUPER busy street. As I sit there a truck is flying through the intersection (with a green light) and a irrigation pump and motor, about 5 hp flies out of the back of the truck. A plastic bucket with fittings is also in the street along with a empty cardboard box. Well no cars were behind me so i jump out to get it off the road. I was wearing dark clothes so the threat of getting run over in the dark was on my mind. I grab it and the thing is WaY too heavy for me to carry so I drag it. My hand slips and I go to the ground. I twisted my back, took the skin off my hand on the pavement. My knee smacked the ground and I was lucky I had heavy duty work jeans on. I slid the thing to the side of the road and left it there. The light turned green for pole line again and I couldn't get the box off the street. I got back in my truck and as soon as I did another stupid A hole in a diesel pickup runs over the box at about 50 miles an hour.
So no good deed goes un punished. My back, and knee is killing me. I left the pump and motor on the side of the road. Someone is going to pick that up and head for he pawn shop. I couldn't lit it.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry your back and knee got torn up.

i run the backroads a lot hog hunting. Okies strew stuff all over the roads. They run around without tailgates, with tailgates open and and never tie anything down.

Among the stuff i've found are a nice 327 Chevy engine with FI heads sitting on a pallet in a country intersection: Parked my truck, unloaded my tractor from the trailer and loaded up that engine. Put an ad in the paper and never heard anything. Found a 24" Stihl chainsaw and two nice loading ramps in the ditch on a country road. Again no one responded to the ad. Found a Sears cordless drill in the middle of a Lawton street.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron, just be glad you weren't following behind that truck that lost the pump/motor.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My back and knee is still giving me trouble today. I had to go to a wedding in that area and the whole thing was gone. Ron