Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Disc Elite Scores

Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Disc Elite Scores

Im gonna try this again 2 days ago I had this all typed out took me like 15 minutes Im slow, then accidently closed the page while down loading pics and lost it all. Last Tues I had a reservation to hunt DEC property and invited my buddy to go with me. I was using my Disc Elite with 100 gr BH under a 300gr Deep Curl. It was a nice day about 40* hardly any wind we started slowly still hunting (stalking) about 150 yds apart. The deer need to be pushed after being hunted since Oct 1. My Buddy Pat saw 3 he said I kicked up towards him but had no shot. Around noon we met up for some lunch and B.S.and decided where to head next.Same thing slow stillhunt about 150 yds apart I finally had deer take off on my left side and slowed and stopped behind a large bush.I figured Id get a shot when it stepped out but it never did must have gone straight back behind bush where I couldnt see.Around 4:15 we were stalking back towards the car and figured we would sit not far from car We had to check back in at the DEC check station by 5:18. Bang a shot goes off over to left and I figure Pat got one,like a minute later here comes a deer running toward me from direction Pat was.I crossed about 40yds in front of me quartering away and slowed to a walk.Nice little doe I snapped a shot off and saw her bounding off couldnt tell through smoke if I hit her. My buddy texts me he thought he missed his doe and I told him I may have also. Checking the area where I think the deer was when I shot I couldnt find any trace of blood I was making wider and wider circles looking for blood and I see Pat coming towards me about 50yds from he found his doe. After walking over and checking his doe out I went back to where I shot looking every place I thought a wounded deer would go.After 10 or so minutes Pat texts me while dragging his deer he by luck came across mine . 2 small does but they will be some good eating. It was a good day.
Attached Thumbnails Disc Elite Scores-get-attachment-1-.jpg   Disc Elite Scores-get-attachment-3-.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

It looks like a well placed shot. I would have thought she would have bled better or at least to where you could have saw a blood trail. Where did you manage to hit the deer.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

A last minute double! Good story gman. Congratulations.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job gman....congrats.

Your right, that will be some good eating. I'd take that anyday. You can't eat the antlers anyway hahaha.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're having a good late season! Congrats

Did you backtrack and see how good the bloodtrail was?
How far did she run?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going congratulations

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
It looks like a well placed shot. I would have thought she would have bled better or at least to where you could have saw a blood trail. Where did you manage to hit the deer.
She was quartering away and I hit her further back then Id want to so her gut was torn up, thats the exit hole you see .Think the hole was plugged by the guts and thats why I couldnt find any blood near where I think she was when I shot, but there was plenty of blood where she ended up about 50 yds from where she was shot. I have 1 more week then its over its been very good so far,I missed the last two days going out due to shooting a finishing nail behind my kneecap accidentely while doing some hardwood flooring. But the temps have been bordering single digits so it wasnt so hard to take. Hopefully Monday knee will feel better.