Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ouch...

Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ouch...

Was looking at ordering some supplies... Graf's is backed up 6 weeks! They also got rid of the backorder option. Wow. I knew it was busy, but had no idea they would get that backed up.

Better get it while you can fellas...it appears everyone else is. Good time to be in the gun business, that's for sure. My local shops can't keep anything in stock either.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I read that anything to do with assault rifles is backorder for two years.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

talked to a gunsmith from one of the shops I go to all the time yesterday. told me that they where just about out of everything. good thing I put a handgun on layaway before it got really bad. wally world got a small shipment of ammo in, it was gone as fast as they got in on the shelf. they are even having a run on plain old paper targets.

still waiting on shipping info on some once fired 40S&w brass from grafs.

depends on what you need check midway. they seem to be in stock with a lot of stuff.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to mention. This is from Carlos.

Western Powder (BH 209) is two months behind on orders. So, stock up if you find some.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 01-20-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to wait and see. I could use 100 pounds of soft lead. I have been waiting and looking but so far I have been out of luck. I normally order it through Rotometals. It is virgin lead. I have about 15 tins of #11 mag caps.

For center fire guns. I have my self covered for my life time. If my son doesn't get real wild with shooting he might be good too. The only gun I shoot just for the sake of blasting is my 45 auto. I have a couple thousand primers, and 1000+ rounds of brass. I got 2000+ bullets made up and 800 pounds of hard lead. I shoot the 45 to be ready for trouble.

The only stuff I would buy would be more jacketed 45 bullets. Maybe a few more 150 gr flat nose 30-30 bullets. Like I said I have enough of about everything to ride this storm for a long time. Ron
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I asked Carlos about the more traditional supplies, and he said it's ok right now.

#11 caps, Pyro, T7, round balls, lead conicals etc is ok.

So, i'm ok, but i'll stock up a bit when I get the money.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

For now is the key word....

I have been trying to stock up , but as stated lots of backs orders. 7.62x39 and .223 stuff like that are back ordered until Sept at most places.

Reloading supplies are back ordered too. we all might have to stock up before things get really bad. In NYS now it passed to not even be able to purchase bullets on line.
Steve
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have 2 orders into Grafs. One will be shipped this week (ordered 2 weeks ago). Don't know when the other will be shipped. But the good new is I got and email requesting an update of my order and the person stated that if the items were in stock when you placed the order, that item has been comitted to your order so you will receive it.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

We're sorry, but City or State law prohibits us from sending item(s) in your cart to the address you have specified.
Your city or state law prohibits us from shipping any part of a cartridge to your shipping address.

Mid Way USA just posted that when I tried to order deep curls , xtp's and some crush rib sabots.If this is the way its going to be its not good if you live in NYS.

I will try a few other places to see if I can get some stock.
Steve
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can you buy at a gun shop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.