Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

redemption ?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default redemption ?

anyone got one and shot it yet? thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think they are delivering them yet.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

thanks, what was a count down for?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I must say I do like the breech plug design.....very interesting.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to them earlier this month and they said they should be shipping by the end of the month. The countdown was to start ordering them.
I have to admit, I have some money sitting around that I'm suppossed to be using for another smokeless barrel for my Encore. I can't help be looking around a little bit and the redemption sure has my eye.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its an interesting setup for sure. Looks like a very nicely designed rifle. I'll be curious to see how the reviews pan out.

(hint, hint superkirby...)
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Go for it SuperKirby!!

It appears that a lot of thought and research was put into the design of this muzzleloader. Considering some of the old T/C veterans and a few others are behind this one, combined with a little new technology, tells me this should be a pretty damn good muzzleloader.

If I had the funds to purchase one of these at the moment, I wouldn't think twice about giving it a shot (no pun intended ).
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you only knew the back and forth debates I was having with myself on all this. Allow me to hijack this thread and make it about me for a moment...

I had a smokeless barrel. Sold it to pay some bills that it turns out the wife had taken care of so now she wants me to keep the money and put it into my "hunting stuff." Smokeless was great in that I don't have a lot of time to shoot, and it did allow me to spend more time doing so. But I didn't enjoy shooting it nearly as much as I do the smokey stuff. So what's a guy to do? Add to that we have another kid coming this spring, so there's less time.
Here's the options I'm considering...
1)smokeless barrel - shoot more, but maybe don't get the maximum enjoyment. Don't have to clean.
2)Redemption - should be a little easier to clean, so perhaps more shooting
3)Find a Renegade or GPH - in theory it would be faster to clean than an inline (pop the barrel out and use some hot water and no breech plug.) Probably not quite as much shooting as smokeless but seems like it would be fun. Add a GM fast twist barrel and in theory I shouldn't really be limited by range any over a standard inline. In theory.
So as you can see, it's all very confusing and quite the conundrum. I assure you I have lost sleep over it.
Sorry for stealing this thread.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im skeptical of the coating they are using IN the bore. Coatings have a limited life span under those kind of conditions and they are difficult to apply in a very uniform manner. Some are also very costly to apply. 416R stainless which is higher end rifle grade steel with something like Dynatek makes more sense and is probably cheaper.

Pacnor uses 416R stainless barrels and they shoot BH209 just fine.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I though the count down was to ship lol you could order them before there ready so what was the hurry lol looks like a great gun hopeing for a report before i buy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.