Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
How is the Ultra-Lite? >

How is the Ultra-Lite?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How is the Ultra-Lite?

Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How is the Ultra-Lite?

I saw Grouse's video on the Mountaineer and it got me thinking.....I haven't seen much about the Ultra-Lite? I know some folks have them, but I haven't heard alot about em at all.

Figured I'd ask.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I saw Grouse's video on the Mountaineer and it got me thinking.....I haven't seen much about the Ultra-Lite? I know some folks have them, but I haven't heard alot about em at all.

Figured I'd ask.
It is my understanding... and I have been wrong before... they, Knight, shipped the first bunch of them but again are waiting for another shipment of Kevlar Stocks. The first batch went in a hurry.

Grouse did use one in Colorado this season and got the ultimate performance from it when he dropped a very nice bull elk... dang em!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ltra-lite.html

I gave back that prototype rifle this weekend and they gave me a brand new production Ultralite. I will take it out this weekend and see how it compares to the prototype. The prototype is by far the best ML Knight has ever made. The owners also agree with me on that.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I remember seeing Grouse's elk kill. That was nice!

So Grouse....is the production gun the same as the proto, or did they change anything? (Maybe you haven't had time to tell yet)
From reading about them on the site...I love everything about it. I'll be interested to hear how they shoot, that is on my wish list for sure!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Yeah I remember seeing Grouse's elk kill. That was nice!

So Grouse....is the production gun the same as the proto, or did they change anything? (Maybe you haven't had time to tell yet)
From reading about them on the site...I love everything about it. I'll be interested to hear how they shoot, that is on my wish list for sure!
Two changes were made. They changed the bolt, and changed the bedding block. I told them it was not as accurate as My regular Mountaineer and they made that change based on there findings as well. I am excited to shoot the new one i got. All the changes were made before any shipped out. Its a pretty exciting ML from top to bottom. All quality made American parts and lightweight. I hunted with Jeff the owner of Knight Rifles and Gordy this past weekend. They both hunted with the Ultralite and are really excited about the accuracy and the quality of this new ML.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear, can't wait to see some more reports on them. Thanks