Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Mountaineer preview >

Knight Mountaineer preview

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Mountaineer preview

Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Wow, did i just see what i thought i saw? No hearing protection required when shooting the new Mountaineer? Now that would be a great rifle.
I don't wear hearing protection when hunting. I also don't grab hearing protection to shoot off my muzzleloader at the end of the season. Of course I am Deaf. 😛
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Judging by the way the fellows cheek was rolled up over the comb it is designed for a scope not irons.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I really do want one of these new Knights but I've heard that this gun is not very "lefty friendly". Maybe one day they will come out with a left handed version of the mountaineer but in the mean time I will have to stick with the break open style guns.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
I really do want one of these new Knights but I've heard that this gun is not very "lefty friendly". Maybe one day they will come out with a left handed version of the mountaineer but in the mean time I will have to stick with the break open style guns.
Well shoot, Ray I forgot or did not know you were a left handed shooter... So you are correct - the Mountaineer and the ULite will not work very well for you.... other than they do have lefthanded thumbhole for the regular Mountaineer...

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking gun.

Bigtimer. Looky.

http://www.knightrifles.com/mountain...-nutmeg-lh-th/
Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
well at least your CVA Optima Pro is coming in a Knight box

Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Judging by the way the fellows cheek was rolled up over the comb it is designed for a scope not irons.
All of my rifles have 20mm, 33/32mm, or 36mm objective scopes on them. All of my rifles have the lowest rings i can find on them, which has been the original old Weaver rings. The Mountaineer shocked me when i couldn't get my face low enough to look through the scope. To be able to see through the scope mounted on the Mountaineer, i had to use higher rings.

For my face/body, the iron sights are useless