Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Being Sick Stinks!!! >

Being Sick Stinks!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Being Sick Stinks!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy Being Sick Stinks!!!

And it can ruin your last week in the woods looking for Bullwinkle! Dr. said it is pneumonia and I will be out for a while. You wait all year for this time in the woods and Bazinga!

We will have a late winter turkey season and I will make that. I will get out there and hunt the morning and do some scouting the property for next year. I also need to map a piece of property and should be interesting.

Hope everyone is having a better New Years then me. Enjoy friends!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

man hope your feeling better
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry your sick. Get well soon.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man, that does stink rafsob. I've been suffering from plantar fasciitis in my right heel for the last three weeks. It's slowly getting better. But my usual ten minute walk to my closest stand has been taking a half hour as I slowly limp along. But at least I can hunt.

Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with. Listen to the doc and don't rush things. Better the loss of one season than the loss of all future seasons.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take care of yourself until that pneumonia is gone. Do not rush it.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you get better quick rafsob, I know what your going through. Im just getting over being sick, on or around Dec 9th or so I shot a buck and was alone and dragged him about 2 miles back to my truck. When I got there I was soaked from head to toe from sweating so I took off most of my stuff to cool down and drove home in just my T-shirt and pants and it was cold out. A big mistake as I was sick as heck after that and am now just getting over it. I probably had pheumonia.
My hunting buddy steve got pheumonia and was admitted to the hospital, he got sick around the same time I did and is just getting over his, at least he was smart enough to go to the ER and eventually was treated for it, I toughed it out and wont do that again.
Hope you feel better soon My Friend. Oh I was also advised to get a pheumonia shot this year by my doctor, I never heard of one so I turned it down along with the Flu shot. I have only had the flu one time so I figured I was immune to that pretty much, but pheumonia can be spread to one another, my wife who's a nurse told me it can be srpead. She also gets both shots each year as she works in healthcare. So mabey next year I'll at least get the pheumonia shot. Were not getting any Younger or Tougher,
Again get Well Soon! I Wish you the Best!
(BP)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breechplug, both of those shots are worth getting. the pneumonia shot is only for one type of pneumonia but the one it's for is a killer of us old farts.

Get well soon, rafsob.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll feel your pain. Been fighting a chest cold the past 3 weeks myself. Finally getting on the better side of it. Hope you get well soon.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Is it standard procedure that you are suppose to get sick during deer season. It never seems to fail that as soon as deer season starts, I get the sniffles. I hope you get well soon enough to make the rest of the season.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you get to feeling better rafsob. Semi you can get a shot in that foot and fix you right up. Lidocaine, decadron, and depo-medrol injection would fix you right up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.