Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress >

Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress

Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress

Here is my 9 point I got with the muzzleloader this year. Not a monster, but a trophy in my book. the deer still has a lot of drying left to do, but I think it looks pretty good. Especially since my taxidermist is a life long friend who has only been doing taxidermy on the side for a couple of years self taught.
Attached Thumbnails Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress-dsc01882.jpg   Muzzleloading 9 point Mount Progress-dsc01883.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

He looks great execpt for all the Pins and Clothes Pins on his noes and ears, it looks like something my Mother would do, Just Kidding! He's a Fine Buck in anyones woods! I also am blessed to have 2 good friends who are Taxidermist and another who still has my 11.31lb Walleye that I caught over 16 months ago and was suppos to get back a long time ago!
(BP)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fine looking animal, congratulations
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks good Shooter.

That's an unusual mount though. Most guys hang them in a vertical position.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
He looks great execpt for all the Pins and Clothes Pins on his noes and ears, it looks like something my Mother would do, Just Kidding! He's a Fine Buck in anyones woods! I also am blessed to have 2 good friends who are Taxidermist and another who still has my 11.31lb Walleye that I caught over 16 months ago and was suppos to get back a long time ago!
(BP)
my dad caught a 7 lb rainbow in his 20's and gave it to his friend taxidermist. He never saw it again.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Very Nice!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the very good buck.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
my dad caught a 7 lb rainbow in his 20's and gave it to his friend taxidermist. He never saw it again.
He probably Ate It like Hannibal Leckter did to get rid of any and all evidence and finished it off with a fine bottle of Kiante
I take all my Deer Heads to be mounted at this place and there the best anywhere. I know them personally but I am starting to worry just a little now. I paid almost $500 for the mount and every time I call they say it's almost done and I'll have it befor deer season, well deer season will end on Dec 9th and I still dont have it. Plus with all the new Racks they have from this season Im sure they are busy and Im starting to wonder whats up.
(BP)