Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C scout

Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Spike

Default T/C scout

Has anyone had any trouble with blowback with these rifles? Been shooting 80 grains ffg for years out of mine and it has burnt my face for the last time. ><> del
Old 11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Is the blowback coming from the side vents, or from the nipple? Have you disassembled the Scout and cleaned the side vents ?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Spike

coming from the nipple. it is very clean, it blows back past the nipple and hammer. thank for the reply
Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Spike

Default blowback??????

i have a bunch of these rifles...never had that problem....only time i have seen this happen is when someone drills out the nipple trying to get more spark to the powder.....
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Spike

Somethings wrong.I have had both a 54 carbine and a 54 handgun for close to 25 years and friends had others,never heard this complaint.Try a new nipple(plug?).Be sure to clean way down in powder chamber with a 32cal brush and patch with solvent.