Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Mountaineer  gets call of duty >

Mountaineer gets call of duty

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mountaineer gets call of duty

Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Mountaineer gets call of duty

Heading out tomorrow for a hunt . I'm hoping with the cold , rain and snow that started moving in today that the hunting will be good. I have my sights set on a buck that I have been unsuccessful at harvesting with my bow . I was going to try out the Ultra Mag but decided not to hunt with a gun I haven't shot much , so the Mountaineer gets the call of duty . This is my out of state hunt then I'll be back here to see if the wife and I can find the ones we have had our eye on here.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck there in the hunt. And with the way you can shoot that Knight that deer better stay at least 500 yards away if it wants to rub around next year. I hope you get him. I was watching the weather and they are calling for a blizzard in your area I believe. That should sure make the deer move!! Go get them.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tomorrow morning will be opening day for me also. I'll be overlooking a small food plot with the .50 caliber barrel on the Swamp Dragon loaded with 85 grains Pyrodex RS under a 300 grain XTP in a Harvester long black sabot. The Dragon is hungry for its first meal. I'm not a trophy hunter. The first mature doe or buck that shows it face will do.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lousy weather over the weekend, but next week looks nice.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Best of luck to you guys, we are in mid summer. I'm jealous!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck with that buck and.........don't forget the toilet paper.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by OLDBOB
Good luck with that buck and.........don't forget the toilet paper.
Thanks for reminding me . I've been known to do that . Not a big deal during early season when there is prairie grass or leaves on the trees. But for hunting during blizzard weather that's a down right chilling thought.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our opening day is tomorrow as well. The weather here is supposed to be 73 with 10-20mph winds. The temp is supposed to drop next week after the front passes through. I will be sitting in my summit here in the bottoms holding my Triumph. Maybe a big river bottom buck will come strolling through.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Heading out tomorrow for a hunt . I'm hoping with the cold , rain and snow that started moving in today that the hunting will be good. I have my sights set on a buck that I have been unsuccessful at harvesting with my bow . I was going to try out the Ultra Mag but decided not to hunt with a gun I haven't shot much , so the Mountaineer gets the call of duty . This is my out of state hunt then I'll be back here to see if the wife and I can find the ones we have had our eye on here.
Makes great sense!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Chet!! Our rifle season opened yesterday and I had my Mountaineer with me for all the good it done. We had 75 degree weather and 35 mph winds and nothing was moving. So at 3 am, the rain moves in and it down pours with 30 mph winds and 40 degree weather, and still nothing moved. Talk about a rough opener. Oh well, we have 9 days left and then a 10 day muzzy season in December.