Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Barnes T-EZ

Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Barnes T-EZ

I'm looking to try barnes bullets in my ML this season. Shockwaves have performed well out of my gun. They are still an option as I know they work. I bought the Barnes TMZ to see how they would shoot in my TC Triumph, but couldn't get them to load very easy. Next step is to maybe get the Barnes T-EZ. Does anyone have experience with these sabots? Should the T-EZ load easier (hence the name) in my Triumph compared to the TMZ? I'll take any info people have! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot them in harvester short black sabots out of my Triumph with excellent results.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Barnes 250TEZ

I shoot them out of my .50 cal Optima on top of 100gr BH209. Very accurate load for me. They are a tight fit but not bring a big hammer tight.

My son harvested a doe during youth season here with it and the Barnes did it's intended job!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tc has closer tolerance than the others but it is still very wide on muzzle loader barrels, because of that no one can tell you what will fit right. You can measure it or you can tell us if it is to tight or loose and some one here will tell you which to try next. Since I have quite a few muzzle loaders I keep a selection on hand and try them by taking out the BP and pushing them through at home before taking the gun out. There is a chart on MM once you know what fits you can use it to match up any other combination.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Yes get the TEZ with the blue sabot. The Triumph is known to have a tight bore. I would of had to pound the TMZ's down with a hammer to get them down the Triumph that I had. I used the SST's with red sabot or black crush rib and they both shot well, I also shot the 250 Barnes TEZ (blue sabot) and they shot just as well and almost same poi.