Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Great tracking tool >

Great tracking tool

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Great tracking tool

Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Great tracking tool

Guys, we all know that with their birght white light, the new LED flashlights are great for tracking/blood trailing deer after dark. Well Wally world is selling Coleman flashlights for $25 and $30 with 110 and 144 lumen ratings respectfully. I got a 110 lumen one and it is incredible. Even in full sunlight you can cast a beam at your feet. It literally turns the night to sunlight brightness whereever shined. A great itme to have in your pack or a gify for a fellow hunter.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's all I carry now are the LED's, I have a small one I carry in my fanny pack that takes 3 AAA's, it last along time and is bright as heck. Untill I got the LED's I always carried a Mini Mag, no more.
(BP)
Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

BP - I've been using LEDs too for years. But you have to see this Coleman to appreciate it. It literally lights up the night.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
That's all I carry now are the LED's, I have a small one I carry in my fanny pack that takes 3 AAA's, it last along time and is bright as heck. Untill I got the LED's I always carried a Mini Mag, no more.
(BP)
same here small light with many LEDs bright no more mini mag
Old 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
BP - I've been using LEDs too for years. But you have to see this Coleman to appreciate it. It literally lights up the night.
I saw them tonight at Wal-Mart when I was looking at the MLer Bullets, they were hanging on the rack, a small flashlight that fits the palm of your hand with about a 3" glass on them, almost like a pistol grip, are these the ones? Funny you should say that, as I was looking stuff over some younger nerdy looking kid walked over and pointed to that flashlight and said "this is the best flashlight in the world" and walked away. I thought to myself yea right like Im gonna take your word on it, I hope he's not reading this right now!
(BP)
Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

I thought about getting that flashlight but I went with another one. Its just a little more but has a higher output. Not trying to hijack the thread but just adding another option. I have this flashlight and compared to a friends $150+ flashlight, it puts it to shame. http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/t...50-pls-/Detail
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Semisane showed me a LED flashlight from Reilly Auto Parts and I got a couple of them. Well then low and behold they built one of them Auto Part Stores in the big city near me. My Dad had seen mine and he has a way of asking for things... not that he wants it mind you, but he should buy one, if he ever remembered, and he keeps this up until you just give him yours.. Then he puts it in a drawer and never uses them. But I purchased two more of them same lights. They are small and can be used as a bore light, they clip in your pocket, and are bright enough to help you out of a dark spot.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Typical Buck

Why is this post okay but the MODS flagged the post about the T/C employees new gun? They seem the same to me both bringing up products sold by others. Just wondering
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

A tracking light can be too bright...I prefer one where you can adjust the beam...If it's too bright the light reflects back and blinds you...The one that I prefer is sold at Lowes Hardware, it's made by Coast...It's about $45, uses 3-AAA batteries and the beam is adjustable....

The great thing about an LED is it seems to make the blood glow, kinda like using a Coleman lantern...
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by chaded
I thought about getting that flashlight but I went with another one. Its just a little more but has a higher output. Not trying to hijack the thread but just adding another option. I have this flashlight and compared to a friends $150+ flashlight, it puts it to shame. http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/t...50-pls-/Detail
I also got one of the mega lights. Mine is a 700 lumen light and I love it. It really came in handy when I had to track the doe from hell!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.