Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Building my range

Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Building my range

Today was interesting to say the least, but it gave me a chance to work on my range. I have it almost complete. I can now shoot out to 175 yards and it cuts down on time and gas money. I finally have my own personal range. I am able to shoot off of my patio so I don't need to pack all of my stuff up and this allows me to de-stress daily. I love all different types of guns and love to shoot, but physical was not able to shoot for sometime. Now I am able to shoot anytime I feel inclined and I am doing fairly well since this last surgery last Friday. My son has helped me get the range set up and tomorrow it will get its first use. I can't wait.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I can tell you from experience on mine.. you're going to love your private range. You neighbors might not, but you will.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I could only wish for such a range. I envy you my friend. Enjoy it and I expect more range reports from you now.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea there's nothing like your own private range. The part I like best is that you dont have to worry about "flinching" at the range when someone next to you shoots there AK just as you were about to let one fly
All of my buddies including me live in the country, we all have our own ranges, but the travel part is still there because everyone wants you to come to there house to shoot, sight in, help them or have shoot offs, it's all good though.
Enjoy your new range, you'll be shooting 2" groups at 175 befor you know it, have fUN!
(BP)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Now the fun starts. I give it a try today and had a blast. Since I can shoot anytime that I want now, I just need to get the knack of casting some bullets. I have the molds that I need and the lead. I just need to force myself to get busy. I am going to try the REAL 320 gr first and see how they turn out.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Range Pictures?

Count me jealous.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Spike

Shooting off the patio is nice but on a 175yd range you need benches set up at 25, 50, 100, and 150yds.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have a shooting bench on my patio, and have ranged target holders out to 175. It's a great place to shoot. I will post some pics later. The main reason that I shoot from my patio is because I am disabled and it is difficult at times for me to carry all of my shooting gear. I use my utvto hang my targets. I walk with a cane so I hope you understand my delimia? I was walking my dog yesterday and tripped due to my right leg has no feeling. Fortunately I landed on my head so I didn't get hurt to bad...LOL
Old 10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Slow Burn
I walk with a cane so I hope you understand my delimia? I was walking my dog yesterday and tripped due to my right leg has no feeling. Fortunately I landed on my head so I didn't get hurt to bad...LOL
Don't use a cane, but could use a walking stick t times. Legs are shot and the doc's are in the process of figuring out what my problem may be. Getting old stinks for sure pal.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

rafsob,
I don't think I am old...I did get shot in the chest twice and fell off of a two story building breaking my back, herniating my L3, 4, 5 and S1. Plus I had what is considered a compound fracture as my knee cap came out of my right leg, 3 fingers on my left hand folded back over my wrist which fractured them and exploded the tendons. I also tore my labrum and bicep tendon in my right arm. Now I have several other issues that have spawned from this incident, but I doubt my age had anything to do with the terrorist that helped me have these problems. Then again if I was younger maybe I would have been moving faster and would not have gotten shot...it's all good anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.