Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lk-ii

Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lk-ii

I'm looking for a 209 Breech Plug and Bolt Assembly for my LK-II, THANKS.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Knight has both listed for sale on their website for $80. Cabelas has the 209 conversion kit which should have all the parts too. The Cabelas pic and description are wrong so look for the one that cost $74.99

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-30-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Look on the auction arms and try to pick up a used rifle in poor condition barrel wise, but with the 209 features. Many times you can get them for $75.00 . Then you have a spare trigger, spare sights, stock, etc..

I have three LK rifles and not one of them would I ever want to convert to the 209 system as the #11 system works so well. But I can understand why people wanted to. Good luck in your search. 80-85 grains of 2f powder and a 300 grain Hornady XTP is an excellent shooting load in all three of mine.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 AM
1874sharpsshooter

I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to convert it, but I'm with Cayugad in that My LK11 is perfectly fine with the #11.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replys, I gave the LK-II to my son's 12 year old stepson on Wednsday for his Birthday, made the little guy cry along with his mother. He shot it great and we where loading it with 75 gr. of Pyro RS and 250 grain shockwave bullets. I'll just leave it the way it is then. THANKS AGAIN.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That reminds me of when i gave our son the 6mm i had purchased 2 or 3 years before, specifically to give to him. He was with, when the rifle killed it's first elk. On his 9th birthday, i put the rifle under the couch; told him there was another gift for him there. He burst into tears. It never never occurred to me it would mean so much to him. His reaction made me tear. The first three years we hunted big game together, there was only the one rifle between us. The first year i carried the rifle. He killed his first deer that year. Afterwards, he carried the rifle; me, i just tagged along. This October he will have another birthday; nearing 50 now he is. He loves to hunt even more now, than when he was 9.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice story Ron. I never realized you were that old! Seems most of us in here are up in age cept for a few of those little snot nosed youngins.
My son never really took to hunting. But he still has a rifle and shotgun setting in my gun safe. But his boy, my grandson, loves to go with his Pap-pap. He doesn't know it yet but he also has a rifle and shotgun in my gun safe just waiting for him to come of age.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

My #11 system worked fine also. But I was tired of the cap falling off while hunting and I didn't like the idea of having the striker resting on the cap to hold it in place.
I switched it over to a 209 system. I like that little rifle. Its so light and easy to carry and deadly accurate. Even with a horrible trigger.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
My #11 system worked fine also. But I was tired of the cap falling off while hunting and I didn't like the idea of having the striker resting on the cap to hold it in place.
I switched it over to a 209 system. I like that little rifle. Its so light and easy to carry and deadly accurate. Even with a horrible trigger.
sqezer

If this is a problem... Use #11 mag caps and a Ampco Bronze nipple (RST-A)

The one on the right...

Caps fit so tight on this one, you will need a knife edge to peel it off it it is un-shot. It also gives a complete water proof seal... And more importantly - It directs most of the gas directly down the nipple to the flash hole.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000

Should of went to an RWS Dynamite Noble 1075 cap. They are just a hair smaller then the #11 caps. Or pop off a couple caps to foul the nipple. Then they stay on. As for the triggers.. My LK's are stamped "Knight Trigger" and they are just sweet!! Some of the best I ever had.

Also now that I know all of them shoot roundball so well, I have an itch to kill a deer with a roundball out of an inline rifle. Just to say, I did it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.