Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Omega...Adjustable trigger? >

T/C Omega...Adjustable trigger?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Omega...Adjustable trigger?

Old 09-13-2003, 06:44 AM

Default T/C Omega...Adjustable trigger?

I was wondering...Is the trigger adjustable on the Omega? T/C doesn' t say in their literature and they apparently don' t take email as well. My buddy is looking to get into muzzleloading and I' m trying to help him out a bit. I shoot a Knight Disc which does have an adjustable trigger, but I was wondering about the Omega. Obviously, an adjustable trigger is a nice feature. Either that or I' m just a bit too anal about the whole thing. Thanks to all.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:35 AM

Default RE: T/C Omega...Adjustable trigger?

None of you hardcore BP guys knows. All right! Stump the band.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

The Trigger can be lightened ,but you will need a gunsmith or some one with some knowledge about springs and triggers,it is not an adjustable trigger like the type that comes on a Knight,but don' t let this disuade you it is a Great gun and the trigger is not bad to begin with.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

" None of you hardcore BP guys knows. All right! Stump the band."
================================================

Jimimac

We know more than you think my friend! For instance! Lightening the trigger on the Omega alot could breed disaster with it' s small trigger guard.

Cold weather - Omegas with hair triggers - small trigger guard -- thick gloves... I don' t think so!

Too many shooters in that situation would sit in their deer blind with Omega trigger cocked -- fully enlarging the Omega trigger guard to accomodate your heavily gloved shooting finger. Would you want to be sitting directly in front of them?

If the trigger is not normal, have a gunsmith check it out. But remind the gunsmith that you are like millions of other Americans whose fingers are the first to go numb in cold weather & the Omega trigger guard is small.... so don' t lighten it too much.

You may be one that follows all the safety rules of hunting. But believe me when I say there are Omega-owning forum readers here who don' t![:-][:-][:-]
Old 09-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you risk the $140 price of a new trigger assembly when you tamper with the Omega trigger. At least that was the price last time I asked. That trigger is amazing but if it means any more than smoothing the contact surfaces a little (WITHOUT CHANGING ANY ANGLES) - don' t do it. I did and it was close going as to whether I had blown the replacement cost. They do not sell separate trigger parts, only the complete assembly.