Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP >

My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP

Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The question is, is the LS the culprit, or did the screws just come loose? I use blue locktite on all my scope installations. Never had a screw come loose. Not saying I don't have a loose one!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Will Find Out this weekend ill be sure too let yall Know!!!!...As far as 200 - 300 yds?? never shot 300....dropped a nice whitetail at 200 though....Again thats why i bought the LS too test and tune with different load conbinations..either way im not out nothing Nikon will stand behind there scope and caldwell will give me my money back if im not happy!!! Theres gotta be someone out there thats Happy with the lead sled...Its Still on the market!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

200 yds is reasonable. I'm setting up my MR to do the same, but i'd prefer to get much closer.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

I sight all of my guns in with the regular lead sled and haven't had any problems. I don't use any weight to allow the sled to slide backwards on the shot. It doesnt need weight to hold the gun steady. Good luck, I hope it was just some loose screws.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
200 yds is reasonable. I'm setting up my MR to do the same, but i'd prefer to get much closer.
200yds is my max also. I practice shoot a-lot at 200 and have taken a handful of deer from 180-200yds. And they have to be relaxed and or feeding or standing still.
I prefer shots at 100yds and under, I wont bash anyone who shoots at whatever distance they want, they have to live with the outcome and sleepless nights waiting for it to get light to pick back up on the sign. But if the person practices at 300yds all the time and can put EVERY shot at 300 in a 4" circle and get the wind right EVERY time, then your the Man!
On the topic of the lead sled, I dont have one and cant comment, I use a pillow on a bench, then switch to shooting off just the bench, it's more like real life shooting.
(BP)
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also I use a 240gr XTP in My Accura, it loves them, I never get a flyer. All My CVA's shoot the 240gr XTP's great.
(BP)
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Breechplug
200yds is my max also. I practice shoot a-lot at 200 and have taken a handful of deer from 180-200yds. And they have to be relaxed and or feeding or standing still.
I prefer shots at 100yds and under, I wont bash anyone who shoots at whatever distance they want, they have to live with the outcome and sleepless nights waiting for it to get light to pick back up on the sign. But if the person practices at 300yds all the time and can put EVERY shot at 300 in a 4" circle and get the wind right EVERY time, then your the Man!
On the topic of the lead sled, I dont have one and cant comment, I use a pillow on a bench, then switch to shooting off just the bench, it's more like real life shooting.
(BP)
To be honest. I doubt i'd ever take a shot over 100yds. Even with my .270 that was accurate to 500yds. I kept hunting shots under 100yds.

It's fun to practice long shots, but I never use that practice during a hunt. I just love to get close, and get no satisfaction from long shots.

That's just me though. I'm not pushing my style on anybody.