Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I got a 2 legged bear >

I got a 2 legged bear

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I got a 2 legged bear

Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got a 2 legged bear

Coming in!!!

He eats so much, little wonder that there isn't much chow left for the big guys!!!

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with this???

HA
Old 08-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Until that last picture I was going to say he probably doesn't realize he's being watched, so just pointing out to him that he'd been caught would hopefully be enough. The last picture shows he's just some idiot kid.
So, is it on public or private land? I believe MN has some provision about disturbing someone elses bait site, but I don't know much about enforcing it. I would say go through the reg book real good and see what it says. It's possible that if it's public land you're just out of luck.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

hahahahahaha That's my boy filling up the bait site.

HA
Old 08-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

When I baited for a neighbor, we had purchased a truck load of really good brownies, chocolate cakes, zingers, and other fruit filled treats. These were all the factory seconds.. you know, squished, or broken ones. There was the neighbor's boy that used to go with us on our baiting trips. Riding four wheelers back into the forest, then hiking in with the bait. We'd alway catch him filling his pockets with brownies and chocolate cakes. (they really were not all that bad). It must be a natural thing for the young to do this.

How to solve the problem, buy more bait and bigger pants for the kid. He looks like he's having the time of his life. Go for it young man. Eat your fill. But be sure to brush your teeth afterward...
Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, teenagers and food of any sort just go hand in hand. His brother signed up for the Reserves for the summer so the Army could feed him. LOL

He'll be home next week so there goes the grocery bill!!!

We've got two baits running both with bears on them. So I think I'll let the boy's sit the the weekend and I'll hunt one during the week while they're back to school.

Had the .54 flinter out for it's last shoot before the hunt. All systems go. I would not want to be a bear in front of it!!!

I'm going to try and film it. With any luck all will go well.

HA
Old 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

That will be so cool. I hunted bear with a .54 caliber Renegade but never saw a shooter. I did have a sow and two cubs come within feet of my ground blind. Talk about get nervous. But she wanted the bait. She ate and then left. I also saw one yearling out in the brush but never the boar I wanted to shoot. I sure hope you have great luck, and your son also!!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks,

I think the hard part will be keeping him out of the popcorn!!!

HA
Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Well at least he don't have to pack a lunch!! That's funny. I have nephews like that. When they visit its like a swarm of locust when through the refrigerator and cupboards. That is all them boys do is eat.