Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Southpaws

Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Default Southpaws

I am right handed but I was wondering how many southpaws or left handed shooters there are. I always assumed it was a very small number but I notice lately that there seems to be a lot more left handed stocks being advertised. Even Knight is offering one.
So , are there more leftys than Muley and Bronco?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I am right handed but I was wondering how many southpaws or left handed shooters there are. I always assumed it was a very small number but I notice lately that there seems to be a lot more left handed stocks being advertised. Even Knight is offering one.
So , are there more leftys than Muley and Bronco?
Mathematically about 12% of the population is left handed... And the more important part is that us left handers are working out of the RIGHT side of the brain... And if you look up the properties of the right side of the brain you will see how great we are!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

we really are the best that there is (even though I try to shoot right handed due to being right eye dominant)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

I think it depends on more than just a person being left handed. You have several shooters out there that are right handed but left eye dominant so it is just easier to shoot left handed. My father in law is one that does this.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a natural lefty. I was forced into it.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

I am A natural Southpaw and proud of it!!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alex G.
I am A natural Southpaw and proud of it!!
Why is that?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Why is that?
Because we are the only ones in their right mind!
I consider myself a lefty. I sy consider because: I shoot gun lefty, bow righty, kick and write lefty, throw righty. I am left eye dominant.
Left hand people spend their entire life adapting to a significantly right hand world. Normally we are more patient and easier going.
The only things I have trouble with is tryin to find left hand hammers and hand saws....
Old 08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I was told I used to be left handed. Now that sounds strange, but it was based on how I reached for things as a child. My mother always thought I would be left handed. But you have to remember, schools used to frown on left handed people. My older brother was tortured by the teachers for being a left handed person. Remember the days of the rulers, getting wacked with them, and the mean teachers? I can write with either hand. I bat left handed, golf left handed, play basketball with either hand, but shoot right handed.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I naturally shoot left handed. The Army tried to beat that out of me but they lost. I can however shoot either way both with rifles or bows. I shoot pistol right handed but cross it over to my left eye. This actually helps steady my aim doing this. The one thing the Army did win was with the SMG a small 9mm machine gun about the size of your grease guns from WWII. I had to shoot it right handed or eat brass all day.

I'm right handed at golf, baseball, hockey but can throw darts equally well with either hand. I drink whiskey left handed but can use my right if the table is so located.

HA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.