Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shortage on 300 gr FPBs? >

Shortage on 300 gr FPBs?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shortage on 300 gr FPBs?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shortage on 300 gr FPBs?

Switched from 350 grain to 300 grain FPBs this year since I am hunting a mulie instead of an elk and finding them hard to find. Cabelas and Basspro are both backordered out to 2-3 weeks (about when I leave!). I did find some but seems like either poor planning on Hornady's part or demand exceeded expectations. Ordered 3 boxes from Natchez today but that is about the only place I could find them.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found 10 places really fast. This seemed like the cheapest.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...-(Per-15).html

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 08-09-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Switched from 350 grain to 300 grain FPBs this year since I am hunting a mulie instead of an elk and finding them hard to find. Cabelas and Basspro are both backordered out to 2-3 weeks (about when I leave!). I did find some but seems like either poor planning on Hornady's part or demand exceeded expectations. Ordered 3 boxes from Natchez today but that is about the only place I could find them.
If something happens and you don't get them let me know. i have a few packs of them I could get to you in time for your hunt.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

I can check too if your in a pinch. That $10.39 is the cheapest I have seen them, I didn't check the shipping charge. In the past Natchez shipping has been a JOKE , hopefully you got a deal on it.

Any reason you don't want to use the 350gr , I have used them on whitetail with much success.
Steve
Old 08-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't check the shipping charges in my link, but there's no way it can be as much as Natchez. I won't buy anything from them anymore.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang should have asked here first! You are right about the shipping charges. $15. Thanks for the link. And appreciate the offer of loaning me some. I have 3 packs and I bought 3 more so I should be set.

Since I was hunting mulies, and wanted to be able to shoot out to 150 yards (open sight) I decided to give the 300s a try and they seem to be slightly more accurate than the 350s in my LRH. Not really that much difference in trajectory, those 350s fly pretty flat out to 150 yards.