Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Impact?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Impact, and the Wolf could be considered entry level guns by some.

However, an adult could buy the guns, and have them last them the rest of their life with great success. I'm not sure that's a true definition of an entry level gun? Both guns won't wear out, and are as accurate as most expensive guns.

I believe TC and CVA made their lower priced guns too good, and a person buying one doesn't really feel a need to move up to a more expensive model. Unless they're the type that wants to keep up with the Joneses.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Spike

How many grains of powder and what bullet is everyone having success with when shooting this gun?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

sharpshooter i was not saying anything against you, what i"m saying that the impact is a well built muzzleloader that can last anybody a lifetime if properly maintained.i think tc has built a muzzleloader that most folks can afford in this economy, especially if you tring to get into muzzleloading or tring to replace a current muzzleloader or shotgun.it can be used by a youth to a full grown adult. at the local gun shops seems like a lot of people are getting into muzzleloading & don'nt have alot of $$ so they are going with less expesive guns.
so sorry that you may of thought i was taking a shot @ you.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

I handled one at Cabela's and found the 13.5" length of pull to be just about perfect for me and the ergonomic stock felt comfortable. That length of pull just isn't available on every gun. When wearing a thick hunting jacket during our winter deer season any longer LOP can be a problem for me.
I think that when someone mentions that another model would be an upgrade, that doesn't mean that it would fit the person. The Impact would be ideal for people who need a shorter length of pull such as ladies or due to cold weather hunting clothes. In that respect it may be the best gun for some folks. Plus its 26 inch barrel may also provide additional benefits over other models.
The low entry level cost certainly helps folks who are just starting out to be better able to afford buying all of the needed accessories.

Here's a report about someone's first loads with their Impact loaded with 250 grain TC Shockwaves and 100 grains of 777:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ghlight=impact

The Impact manual also has some load charts:

http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals...ACT_Manual.pdf

Last edited by arcticap; 08-12-2012 at 05:51 AM.