Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I guess I'm lucky. >

I guess I'm lucky.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I guess I'm lucky.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I guess I'm lucky.

I ordered a new muzzleloader, guess which one, and the tracking information said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. When I went to bed last night it had not come. Just a short while ago I checked the tracking information and it said "Delivered". "Left at front door." So I immediately got up and open the door to see it laying there. It had been there all night. I guess I'm lucky I live in a decent neighborhood. I'm going to go and open the box and look at it now!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I swear those delivery people sneak up to the house, carefully set the packages down and sneak back off. The Fed Ex person parks way up the driveway, so I never even hear him drive up. I caught him once sneaking off and told him it was all right to ring the bell. He just smiled and rushed off. And he still sneaks in and out.

At least the USPS mail-woman drives her jeep right up into the front yard and blows the horn at me when she has a package. She don't like getting out of her jeep.

Glad no one found the package. Is this the final stage of your collection?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pluckit,

It's better than having them leave it leaning against your mailbox, especially when your mailbox is two tenths mile from your house and alongside a busy state route. I had to call the regional office of UPS and ream some @$$ over that in the past. I turned one of their drivers in when I bought my computer as well. Lazy @$$ - %*$%#$&# started taking the boxes out of the back of the truck and setting them down on the sloppy wet driveway that still had snow melting off it. He didn't think I was home at the time and his lazy @$$ didn't want to carry the boxes to the porch. I gave him a royal reaming and then turned him in to his boss... UPS SUCKS!!

BPS
Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Funny how different people perceive different companies. When I purchase anything I insist if at all possible on UPS making the delivery. Their delivery man comes to the door. I have a table out there on the porch, for him if I am not home where he will set the package. But he ALWAYS rings the bell for me. He even used to bring my dog a cookie. After the dog died, he even asked where the old devil was, because it used to greet him. The dog used to get all excited when the UPS man came.

That sneaky devil from Fed Ex at least uses the table on the porch now to set the package. One winter he put a box inside the entrance door of the garage with no note he had even been there. It was 12 below that day. In the box was some excellent barbecue sauce I ordered from a restaurant in Memphis Tenn. 8 bottles all in glass bottles. Well I finally went outside three days later to go to town. And there was my box. The bottles had frozen and six of the eight broke. I was furious. He claimed he knocked on the door. I called the company and they checked his time stamp. I saw when he delivered and I was home. He just knew the garage was closer then the house. They claimed it was not their fault. At least the restaurant sent me eight more bottles of sauce.

The old mail man used to put boxes in a plastic bag and hang them off the red notice flag/arm of the mail box. Too lazy to come to the house. At least the new mail lady pulls in and blows the horn. Or she will leave it on the table too.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

woohoo!! Another new toy. You're an ordering machine these days it seems LOL.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Is this the final stage of your collection?
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I say that after every rifle purchase. I mean it this time!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Okay enough about the delivery people; what is it???????
Old 07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like my UPS guy...I have stuff delivered to my office...The wife doesn't see it that way...

He's always interested in what new toy I'm getting...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deal with UPS, FedEx, and Speedy. The drivers are HEAVILY discouraged from using the reverse gear in their trucks. This is a liability issue.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think that I would have been able to make a post before opening the box. I would have been like a kid at Christmas time.