Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Sabots

Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Sabots

Can someone tell me who makes the Knight sabots?
These ones
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...8&src=exrbSrch

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I always thought MMP made their sabots but I could be wrong.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Can someone tell me who makes the Knight sabots?
These ones
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...8&src=exrbSrch

Thanks!

The link went to Horanady sabots...

MMP and they should be HPH-24 variety

Althought it probably would not matter MMP makes Knights sabots also.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The link went to Knight High Pressure Sabots for me. Then it said people who bought that also bought the Hornady. I am 99 percent sure MMP made the sabots for Knight. Ask Sabotmaker on Modern Muzzleloader, He made them.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flounder33
The link went to Knight High Pressure Sabots for me. Then it said people who bought that also bought the Hornady. I am 99 percent sure MMP made the sabots for Knight. Ask Sabotmaker on Modern Muzzleloader, He made them.
Art you are correct...
Old 07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call Natchez and ask them, if they don't know tell them to look at the base and let you know if it's stepped or smooth...Then we can tell you...
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I already have them. Awhile back I tacked some on to an order because they were cheap and you can never have too many sabots. I was just wondering for sure who made them. The base is smooth, not stepped. I was guessing they were MMP just thought I would try to find out for sure.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I already have them. Awhile back I tacked some on to an order because they were cheap and you can never have too many sabots. I was just wondering for sure who made them. The base is smooth, not stepped. I was guessing they were MMP just thought I would try to find out for sure.
If memory serves me right, you are right...MMPs I believe have smooth sides inside the bottom cup...I'll verify when I get home as I have both in stock...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

If they are black and have a smooth cup they are probably Harvester Long Black's. The MMP 45-50cal sabot will be black with the stair step powder cup to increase the strength of the sabot with heavy loads and heavy projectiles.

I am surprised they are lableled Knight, unless they are an older sabot. MMP furnishes a 45-50 sabot to Knight in recent times but it should have the stepped base.

http://www.knightrifles.com/sabots/
Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

MMP Shorts and 3P EZs are not stepped. :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.