Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
This could be really bad. >

This could be really bad.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This could be really bad.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default This could be really bad.

http://unifiedserenity.wordpress.com...aty-july-27th/
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've read about this. I can't see it being a problem. Does Obama want any chance of being re-elected? Any idea how many voters own guns?

Ban guns? I thought he was trying to create jobs? What about all the businesses that make, repair, and sell guns? What about the revenue from hunting?

Does he want everybody who he turns against him, to be a gun owner?
Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

That can only be passed through congress and they already told Obama they would not pass any treaty that jeapordized the second amendment.
And even if they did, do you think the largest army in the world (armed US citizens) would give up their guns without a fight? Also, in so much as every congressman, law enforcement officer, and military individual pledged to defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies both foreign and domestic, who would enforce such an action which directly violates the Constitution?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
that can only be passed through congress and they already told obama they would not pass any treaty that jeapordized the second amendment.
And even if they did, do you think the largest army in the world (armed us citizens) would give up their guns without a fight? Also, in so much as every congressman, law enforcement officer, and military individual pledged to defend the constitution of the united states of america from all enemies both foreign and domestic, who would enforce such an action which directly violates the constitution?
Amen Brother!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn, i clicked the link without my double layer tinfoil hat on.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Darn, i clicked the link without my double layer tinfoil hat on.
It may strike you as conspiracy theory stuff Falcon. But the treaty is real. The arms provisions giving an agency of the UN authority over certain gun rules in sovereign countries is real, and the fact that both Hillary Clinton and Barcak Obama support it is real.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

The arms provisions giving an agency of the UN authority over certain gun rules in sovereign countries is real,
See Reid vs. Covert:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/htm...4_0001_ZO.html

Article VI, the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, declares:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; . . .
There is nothing in this language which intimates that treaties and laws enacted pursuant to them do not have to comply with the provisions of the Constitution. Nor is there anything in the debates which accompanied the drafting and ratification of the Constitution which even suggests such a result. These debates, as well as the history that surrounds the adoption of the treaty provision in Article VI, make it clear that the reason treaties were not limited to those made in "pursuance" of the Constitution was so that agreements made by the United States under the Articles of Confederation, including the important peace treaties which concluded the Revolutionary [p17] War, would remain in effect. [n31] It would be manifestly contrary to the objectives of those who created the Constitution, as well as those who were responsible for the Bill of Rights -- let alone alien to our entire constitutional history and tradition -- to construe Article VI as permitting the United States to exercise power under an international agreement without observing constitutional prohibitions. [n32] In effect, such construction would permit amendment of that document in a manner not sanctioned by Article V. The prohibitions of the Constitution were designed to apply to all branches of the National Government, and they cannot be nullified by the Executive or by the Executive and the Senate combined.
There is nothing new or unique about what we say here.
This has been discussed in Politics:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/poli...enda-21-a.html
Old 07-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

That may be so. But once a treaty like that is signed you never know what a future liberal Supreme Court may decide. If Obama gets a second term he will likely be appointing two new Supreme Court justices. The Court will be heavy on the liberal side. The thing to do when a camel sticks its nose under the tent is to kick it in the nose very hard. That's why everyone should be screaming about this treaty.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

i'm finished with this one. If anyone wishes to debate the proposed treaty see:

Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry

Originally Posted by falcon
i'm finished with this one. If anyone wishes to debate the proposed treaty see:

Like that really means something my friend.

Once that treaty is ratified, it will be upheld by the supreme court - period.