Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rotator cuff

Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rotator cuff

Will be 4 months nows still no long guns shooting :I think the best will be around the middle of Sept:
I am shooting light pistol loads 38 cal. so it is a start
Old 06-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope you heal up fast and get back to shooting.

I think I tore mine once? Never went in to have it checked, but the shoulder pops and snaps when I rotate it now and I've lost a lot of the strength in it because of the pain.

I actually did have a doctor twist it around once, but he was not sure what the problem was. And I did not feel like going through all his monkey tests to learn there was little they could do.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Heal up quick and do stay with your therapy. I fell on ice pheasant hunting and tore my shoulder real good along with breaking 3 ribs. I never went down so hard and so quick as I was standing still. After massive surgery as arthoscopic was out of the question it took me well over a year and a half before I could get my arm above my head without difficulty. I still do my therapy and I did that in 2007.

JW
Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Be sure to listen to the Dr. and take your time getting back into shooting, had mine done in 1990 and all is well.