Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2...

Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

My 6 CVA's had no creep. Those are the facts too.

Where do we go from here?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i don't know where you are going; i am going up into the hills.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
Well, i don't know where you are going; i am going up into the hills.
Me too. Going to check a new spot in our hunting area.

Cya.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned 3 Accura V1 models. All had exceptionally good triggers and I would not say any had the slightest amount of creep. One's trigger did not feel quite as crisp as the other two but I could not attribute that to creep, as there was none detectable. My two Apex rifles have no detectable creep but do not feel quite as crisp as my single remaining Accura. I am very sensitive to trigger creep, especially at the shooting bench.

I've owned a couple of TC Omega rifles and one of those had a trigger that was no better than horrible. One of the NIB Encores that I owned had the worst trigger I've ever encountered on a "quality" rifle. The Knight bolt guns I've owned have had reasonably good triggers that could be tweaked to be quite good. The KP1 and KRB7 models I had left a great deal to be desired so far as trigger. The Whites have all had the Bold adjustable triggers which can usually be tweaked to be very good. The Remington 700ML trigger was also great after tweaks.

One of my biggest surprises was on the one H&R Huntsman that I've owned. Thing had a superb trigger right out of the box.

Nobody gives me chit... I'm not sponsored or pampered. I don't care what rifle you shoot as long as you are safe. I think the CVA Accura has one of the best trigger mechanisms available on any current model rifle - and it will likely be near perfect right out of the box. I don't know about the newer model Knights - they may be great as well.

If you like your particular brand/model rifle and think it is the cat's meow - great. Just telling you what I've observed in my own limited experience.

Joe Friday
Old 06-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

UC that gets my nomination for post of the year.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Wow! After looking at the 7 pages in this thread, I think it is safe to say that NO gun manufacturer makes every gun perfect but they all make a few perfect guns. LOL! Now get out and shoot something with your favorite gun.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it's more like some don't want to admit when a gun is good.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

I had an Accura v2 and all I'm going to say is that it had a horrible trigger and I'm not going to even get into what happened when I tried to adjust it. I had an Encore Pro Hunter and it needed a trigger job. My Apex has a Great trigger and the Mountaineer had a Great trigger. Not all guns are going to be alike. I'm not really brand loyal, if its a good gun its a good gun to me. I know some have had decent triggers on their Accuras and Encore but not me but that doesn't mean that one person is wrong about the trigger on their particular gun. It is totally possible and likely to pull two of the same guns out of the box and one have a better trigger than the other. It is not a "well mine had a good trigger so that means they all have one" kind of deal.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

6:27 a.m
My 6 CVA's had no creep. Those are the facts too.
2:00 p.m.
I think it's more like some don't want to admit when a gun is good.
Well Muley, why did you get rid of those six good CVA's?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Banned

cuz hes a picky ol cuss! He loved his renegade, i send him mine and he sends it back cuz he dont like it! He cracks me up i tell you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.