Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Stock Preference Poll >

Stock Preference Poll

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: It's your choice!
A good quality synthetic stock in a color/pattern you like.
35.19%
A laminate stock in a color combination you like.
37.04%
A nicely figured (but not fancy) wood stock.
27.78%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Stock Preference Poll

Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Stock Preference Poll

You're buying a new rifle. Which would you choose if all three options were available for the gun you want?

THE BRONKO ADDENDUM: See the three options in the poll box above the thread.

Last edited by Semisane; 05-31-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

all three options being??? Being a lefty, of all the inlines I've mounted (on my shoulder) I really like the feel of the CVA stocks. And their ambidexterous thumbhole style really fits me well. I can grip it comfortably and hold the rifle very steady.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

This was a tough one. I had mentioned in one of the other threads of how I like the looks of the laminate and even wood better but in the end I will choose the good quality synthetic so that's what I voted for.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Semi, I voted for the laminate but it would have to be a thumbhole.

A nice recoil pad on any of the three makes for a comfortable range session. Some stocks just feel better than others. I went with a SPS varmint stock on my latest build. Brand new take off for $50 delivered. A good price to see if I liked it. I then and added a LimbSaver recoil pad and had it dipped in a color I wanted. Very comfy!

What ya got stirring? You don't need another gun do you?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
You're buying a new rifle. Which would you choose if all three options were available for the gun you want?

THE BRONKO ADDENDUM: See the three options in the poll box above the thread.
My vote reflects my opinion for a durable all weather, all conditions hunting stock.

If it was a wall hanger I would want a nice looking walnut of laminate stock,

Last edited by sabotloader; 05-31-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Spike

I'm with Omega45 on the laminate stock with the thumbhole design . To me both synthetic and laminate stock's over time well get cuts and dents if they get used much a all.
Now you can look at it this way ,you can sand an reseal (oil) a laminate stock or you can dip a synthetic . So that being said, you might as well shoot the stock that is comfortable to you .
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer AAA curley maple....
Old 06-01-2012, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Given a choice, i would choose wood. Laminate isn't too bad. The X7, and the Mountaineer stocks are kinda appealing to my eye. Synthetic just isn't my cup of tea. To me they serve no function. Some say the synthetic is best for hunting in poor weather. Some feel a properly bedded laminate is every bit as weather worthy. I am inclined to agree. Laminate stocks shouldn't warp in wet miserable cold weather. Wood stocks do warp some sometimes. I would rather all my rifles had pretty wood stocks.

The most accurate rifle in my house, has a synthetic stock. I would rather it had a pretty wood stock
Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of wood best but the laminates have grown on me. I like to put a little finish inside of them to make them more weather proof. The synthetics are functional and some of them look halfways decent. They do the job as well.
Art
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

Like many, I prefer the look of laminate and wood, however, the durability of synthetic is hard to overcome.

I bought a flawless laminate Disc Etreme and put a few nick in it just cleaning it up with slight bumps around the shop. It bugged me so much I bought a synthetic thumb hole off of eBay for every day use and have the laminate in bubble wrap. I know it's silly but every nick irritated me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.