Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Memorial Day thoughts >

Memorial Day thoughts

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Memorial Day thoughts

Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Memorial Day thoughts

Gents,

On this day every year I have somber thoughts about two former room mates I had in the Marine Corps. One was killed in Panama during that brief unpleasantness trying to get Norriega out of power. The other was killed in Kuwait during Desert Storm. We were all young and fiercly patriotic. We were all ready and willing to do what it took, including make that ultimate sacrifice. Unfortunately that grim task fell to my two friends.

I pray that today the families and loved ones of First Lieutenant Robert Paz and First Lieutenant Michael Monroe take comfort in the fact Rob and Mike will never be forgotten by those who served along side them.

God Bless America.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry about the loss of your friends.Thank you very much for your service to our country. I know its not much but I always keep groups such as Operation Homefront and Wounded Warriors in my charitable contributions to honor our military. Thanks again.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe this day is he most special to all americans and especially service members. It is a most solemn day of remembrance to those who gave the ultimate price. They are the true heros. I will never forget or ever shame their memory. God Bless them.