Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Interesting read about Knight >

Interesting read about Knight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Interesting read about Knight

Old 05-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Interesting read about Knight

http://www.namlhunt.com/ml-qc.html
Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Banned

Wow that certainly was interesting to say the least.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by chaded
I have not read it yet... But Knight did drop their funding to him. He is no longer sponsored by Knight...

So as with Savage I expect Knight to take a hit from him...

Last edited by sabotloader; 05-06-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Well we have a lot of "new knight rifle" owners on this forum. Lets hear from all of you. Is what TB saying true or have you had a different experience? Also try and date when your rifle was purchased.

I do not own any rifles from Knight after their reformation. I do have a Lehigh system in my old Knight Disc and it works perfect. That is all I can add to this thread. So what are your experiences. I don't remember reading a lot of negative reviews to be honest with you. I would really be interested.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well that article is sure to make some waves!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't any experience with the new Knight rifles either. I do know is that they are hard to get on the phone and that they do not want to sell individual parts. I hope they find a way to get their customer service department in order.
I agree with sabotloader that Toby will turn on a company when he quits recieving income from them so some unbiased information would carry a lot more weight.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I saw the article the other day when it was posted. I like TB and enjoy reading his website. I have been a big cheerleader for the new Knight. I love the looks of the Mountaineer and have read good reveiws of that rifle right here on this site. I hope TB is wrong. We need another quality ML company in the marketplace.

TB does seem to be fairly "certain" about his opinions on ML equipment. I work for a manufacturing company. I know how easy it would be to put the wrong new model bolt into an older dimentioned receiver. To be certain some folks must have had severe problems. I don't know if this is the exception or the rule.

I guess TB will have to start doing his testing with something from the Traditions line.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

TB already does that for Traditions.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

When i read that article, right or wrong, what i felt was that fella was going out of his way to write negative things about the new Knight.

There are 3 Knight rifle in this house. Two are old manufacture, and one of these, has a super low serial #. Each was unfired when i purchased them. The one rifle here that was made by the 'new Knight' is the Mountaineer. Each has an excellent trigger. Each seem to be quite accurate. These rifle are all fun to shoot.

Unlike what was written in that article, i was unable to mix and match parts of them 2 older rifle, without noticeable differences. The bolt length of them older rifle were different, and resulted in different primer fits. The fit, finish; workmanship of the 2 older Knight is no better than the fit, finish of the Mountaineer, and perhaps not as nice.

The bolts of all my rifle fit the stock just fine, and completely close tightly. I was confused about the photo of the reworked stock in the article, because it was supposed to be from an Extreme, but looks like a Mountaineer stock. It may be that the truth has been stretched somewhat in the article, but we should all be used to that, because out local shills also do so, whenever they wish to hide truth.

Myself, i can positively recommend any and each of my own Knight rifle. To be clear, they are all for sale, and if anyone wishes to purchase one of them, they are worth the money. However, be warned, even though i would sell these rifle, the purchaser will pay top dollar. The only rifle i won't sell are my X7. Omega trigger aren't adjustable, but they are good to go, out of the box.

I have two negative comment about Knight rifle. Each of these rifle are long and heavy, is one. Second, the flash hole of the brazed vent, wear; erode faster than the flash hole of my home made vents.

My over all experience with Knight Rifle is positive. They are fun for me to shoot. They are fun for me to play with. A fully adjustable trigger is something i enjoy. Another brand rifle i own, claim to have an adjustable trigger; not really, is what i experienced, plus creep is ever present, and cannot be removed. Knight trigger are indeed fully adjustable, and the rifle are sweet.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Banned

Always take things with a grain of salt guys. We all know knight has been off to a rough start with C/S and especially with emailing back, but hey when things get busy, even a company like TC won't touch the emails or call back.

Personally, it seems like there was a lot of grinding going on between TB and Knight. No clue why knight would threaten TB with a lawsuit as i never really read anything back about knight when he did the article until this one. Its deeper than the article goes obviously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.