Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
not an muzzleloader, mossberg tact 22 >

not an muzzleloader, mossberg tact 22

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

not an muzzleloader, mossberg tact 22

Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default not an muzzleloader, mossberg tact 22

dave posted his newest gun. put the itch back in me for an autoloading 22.

I picked up this gun up today. have not shot it yet. i was wanting something for just plinking. should be fun to kill bricks of 22 ammo.

used money I was saving for an muzzleloader project. oh yell, should be fun to put some holes in things
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

very nice looking. I did check into that rifle before I made my purchase. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Shoot 'em up
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it certainly is interesting to look at and although autoloaders have never been my cup of tea, I agree they're fun to shoot. I'm not dissing them to those of you who like/own them, I just never had a thing for them. Part of that may stem from the fact that we are not allowed to use semi-auto rimfire or centerfire rifles for hunting in Pennsylvania. I did buy a Ruger 10-22 Deluxe (with the walnut stock, cut checkering, decorative buttpad and sling swivels) some years ago, but I rarely shoot it. It was just another one of those guns that "caught my eye" while in a gun shop. I had gotten to know the man that worked there very well over the years so I asked if they had anymore in stock because I wanted one with nicer looking wood. He said "yea sure, let's take a look out back". He let me open a half dozen boxes and pick out the one I wanted so I brought one home. Unlike the 10-22 Cayugad mentioned in his thread, mine is a great shooter. Autoloaders are fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours Corey, they just never really caught on with me personally.

BPS
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go ahead and get yourself one more and then get one of these setups.
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/....aspx?a=862723
Maybe you should buy some stock in a .22 caliber bullet manufacturer first.