Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods... >

Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

Old 04-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

I was in the neighborhood and swung by D1CKS sporting goods today to see if they had any good off-season deals on muzzleloading bullets, powders, accessories, etc. This is a very large store, mind you, quite a bit bigger than the average D1CKS (no pun intended).

Well, they basically had 1 small rack with a few packs of Powerbelts, a couple boxes of XTP's, a couple boxes of Shockwaves and 2 or 3 packs of T7 primers. That was it!!! No powders at all, no cleaning supplies, no accessories, nothing! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but man that was a real waste of time.... Sometimes in late winter/early spring I have found some good deals- the store trying to clear out last year's stock. Well, I must have been too late....
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

early bird kind of thing..........
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I discovered the same thing at a Dick's store and when I mentioned it to the sales clerk.. he acted like he could give a good you know what.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its amazing how Dicks and Gander Mtn stay in business. They do not compare to Bass Pro or Cabelas or even to Midway USA or Mid-South Shooter's Supply.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

The Dick's here only has blackpowder stuff seasonal and barely has any then. Gander Mtn. here stopped carrying reloading supplies completely so no regular primers. Pretty much worthless.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did not know D1ck's even carried BP supplies at least I have never seen any in the Phoenix area stores.

I did just buy a Henry "Golden Boy" 22 from D1ck's. Can't wait to shoot it.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I order my sabots and bullets from Graf's because of their $4.95 shipping...Black powder is bought from the Goex distributor...For my flinters, I buy ticking in bulk, make my own balls and lube and bought a good supply of English flints years ago...
Old 04-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I stopped at a Dick's sporting goods store for the first time last week. The wife and I were in Pocatello Idaho. Store was very clean but had very little for hunting and fishing. Looked like it catered to clothes buyers and outdoor athletic sports.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Northern VA just outside of DC and D I C Ks is the only game in town. Barely better than Wally World. Somebody needs to open up a hunting/fishing store here.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

When they opened a dicks in San Antonio next door to a Bass Pro, I knew they are not concentrating on hunting or fishing. I did go in once to try and find a San Antonio Spurs Jersey, they didn't have the one I needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.