HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/361845-good-luck-d1cks-sporting-goods.html)

oldsmellhound 04-06-2012 04:27 PM

Good luck at D1CKS Sporting goods...

I was in the neighborhood and swung by D1CKS sporting goods today to see if they had any good off-season deals on muzzleloading bullets, powders, accessories, etc. This is a very large store, mind you, quite a bit bigger than the average D1CKS (no pun intended).

Well, they basically had 1 small rack with a few packs of Powerbelts, a couple boxes of XTP's, a couple boxes of Shockwaves and 2 or 3 packs of T7 primers. That was it!!! No powders at all, no cleaning supplies, no accessories, nothing! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but man that was a real waste of time.... Sometimes in late winter/early spring I have found some good deals- the store trying to clear out last year's stock. Well, I must have been too late....

rlpsystems 04-06-2012 04:55 PM

early bird kind of thing..........

cayugad 04-06-2012 04:59 PM

I discovered the same thing at a Dick's store and when I mentioned it to the sales clerk.. he acted like he could give a good you know what.

bronko22000 04-06-2012 05:11 PM

Its amazing how Dicks and Gander Mtn stay in business. They do not compare to Bass Pro or Cabelas or even to Midway USA or Mid-South Shooter's Supply.

chaded 04-06-2012 10:07 PM

The Dick's here only has blackpowder stuff seasonal and barely has any then. Gander Mtn. here stopped carrying reloading supplies completely so no regular primers. Pretty much worthless.

RobertSubnet 04-07-2012 02:51 AM

I did not know D1ck's even carried BP supplies at least I have never seen any in the Phoenix area stores.

I did just buy a Henry "Golden Boy" 22 from D1ck's. Can't wait to shoot it.

nchawkeye 04-07-2012 03:29 AM

I order my sabots and bullets from Graf's because of their $4.95 shipping...Black powder is bought from the Goex distributor...For my flinters, I buy ticking in bulk, make my own balls and lube and bought a good supply of English flints years ago...

HDMontana 04-07-2012 07:01 AM

I stopped at a Dick's sporting goods store for the first time last week. The wife and I were in Pocatello Idaho. Store was very clean but had very little for hunting and fishing. Looked like it catered to clothes buyers and outdoor athletic sports.

hubby11 04-07-2012 08:36 AM

I live in Northern VA just outside of DC and D I C Ks is the only game in town. Barely better than Wally World. Somebody needs to open up a hunting/fishing store here.

txhunter58 04-07-2012 10:01 AM

When they opened a dicks in San Antonio next door to a Bass Pro, I knew they are not concentrating on hunting or fishing. I did go in once to try and find a San Antonio Spurs Jersey, they didn't have the one I needed.