Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
LK93 with a Simmons Pro Diamond >

LK93 with a Simmons Pro Diamond

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

LK93 with a Simmons Pro Diamond

Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default LK93 with a Simmons Pro Diamond

Since I had changed out the Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm that was on a Green Mountain Barrel for a PowderHorn, I had a Simmons laying around. I remembered that one of my Knight LK 93 50 caliber rifles had a T/C Hawken 1x32mm scope on it still. So I decided to swap them out.

And since I had nothing to do today, why not sight in the scope. It was 25 degrees and snowing, windy, overcast, cold, kind of perfect weather...

So I looked up the rifle and discovered it liked 85 grains of 3f black powder and a 240 grain XTP. Not having any 240 grain XTP's currently, I got out a box of Thompson Center Cheap Shots. These are pure lead and are supposed to shoot like an XTP. They are also a 240 grain bullet and come with their own sabot. I suspect the sabot to be a MMP.

The target was set at 25 yard. And I like to shoot a little high at that distance. Well my surprise was the first shot was perfect. I need to congratulate myself on setting the scope. So with no adjustment what so ever, I shot eight rounds. The one round that is out of the group was when my new THE ROCK rest slipped on the icy table and my rifle shifted. It also (the sling mount) poked a hole in my new rest. Needless to say I was kind of made about that.

So I pulled the target down and then shot twice at the 86 yard paint cans. The rifle is dead on down there as well. And I left two swingers down there. I never walked down to see the actual hits.. just easier to watch the can swing.

So that was an easy mount and a lot of fun shooting today.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting. Wouldn't it be nice if all scopes mounted up that easily?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

No kidding. Walk out and its sighted in. What more could you ask for.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

If your Knight is anything like my old Bighorn it will shoot that same group at 100 yards that you shot at 25 with that same bullet, that old gun just shoots nice.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some days the gods of muzzleloading smile upon you, and you just had one.

But dang Cayugad, an icy shooting table??? You've got to be what us Southern boys call "one of those looney Northerners".

Good shooting too. I had a long shooting session today in a "chilly" fifty-eight degrees with overcast skies. Report to come.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Nice shooting! Thanks for report.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice. It's great when everything comes together like that.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice group Dave, dont think one could ask for much more. 25 and icy, burrr. It was 62 here Sunday, but windy.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's some good shooting. The Cheap Shots are pretty good bullets. i've tried the 240 grain .429 semi-wadcutter bullets but never got acceptable accuracy.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Today, the weather is looking normal. 22 degrees and snowing like crazy. Some places in Minnesota got 13+ inches of snow out of the storm yesterday, so maybe today is our day for some accumulation. I might have to try and shoot today. I like to shoot in adverse weather conditions.