Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What muzzleloader to get >

What muzzleloader to get

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What muzzleloader to get

Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Default What muzzleloader to get

Spring is always a good time to get a muzzleloader. I have been pondering the idea of buying a new addition to use both for fun and hunting. I just can't decide what I would like. I've been toying with the idea of a pedersoli double barrel 72 cal but waver toward a 451 whitworth at times. I just can't decide what would be the right one.  Cabelas has the pedersoli Missouri river hawken at $400.00 off right now. That's tempting.
What would you get if you were going to get a new muzzleloader. ???

Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Ordering mine now! CVA Optima Pistol
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Ordering mine now! CVA Optima Pistol
Sounds like fun. We can't hunt with a blackpowder pistol here, so mine will have to be a rifle

Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

I already bought the cva optima pistol. I really like the liver eating johnson rifle that october country sells. You should check it out.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only rifle that comes to mind is an Encore with a 45-70 barrel converted to a muzzle loader by installing a breech plug. However, it is not something i am thinking on at all. Even though spring is near, my thoughts are not turning to a new rifle. A new, more powerful scope, perhaps, which would be mounted on a already owned rifle.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by 50calty
I already bought the cva optima pistol. I really like the liver eating johnson rifle that october country sells. You should check it out.
That deluxe model sure is nice looking . In a 54 that would be perfect. Have to put that in the mix

Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
The only rifle that comes to mind is an Encore with a 45-70 barrel converted to a muzzle loader by installing a breech plug. However, it is not something i am thinking on at all. Even though spring is near, my thoughts are not turning to a new rifle. A new, more powerful scope, perhaps, which would be mounted on a already owned rifle.
Could you convert an encore 45-70 barrel yourself or would you have to send it out .

Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin

You mean something like this?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been eyeing that Missouri River Hawken at Cabala's myself Sharpsshooter. I handled one at Cabala's last year and they sure are nice.

I don't need or want another in-line. And I sure don't want to go smokeless.

But I ran across a local ad today (see below) and had to send the guy an e-mail asking for more details. I sure hope it's already sold.

1853 Enfield replica, used for Civil War re-enactment, great condition. Only shot a couple times. $450
Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Sounds like fun. We can't hunt with a blackpowder pistol here, so mine will have to be a rifle
We can't here either except for small game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.