Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Off Topic...Valentines Day >

Off Topic...Valentines Day

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Off Topic...Valentines Day

Old 02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HDMontana
Wow lonewolf, after 48 years your just now taking her out for dinner?
She must be hungry by now.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

he was just making sure that she knew how to prep a good home made meal
Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Well with all the money he has saved, it better be a really good meal. Unless he has spent it all on muzzleloaders.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thanks boys - but in all honesty - she will watch me use that splitter and might - just might go get me some fluids for me once I get dry!

And if she used a computer like I do and found this post?? Boone - you are correct but it won't be an ax or a splitters maul - Man there be a size 9 iron skillet upside the noggin!

39 yrs for me this yr............

And I do agree - slingin' a maul - if far more exercise - but as we get older, we do get smarter, and look for ways to work easier, and not harder! That make sense?

JW
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Growing up on the farm in Iowa, I asked my dad how come he never bought a paint sprayer or a hydrolic wood splitter? He said that was what I was for so why spend the money. Ask a stupid question........
Old 02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HDMontana
Growing up on the farm in Iowa, I asked my dad how come he never bought a paint sprayer or a hydrolic wood splitter? He said that was what I was for so why spend the money. Ask a stupid question........
I've been buring and splitting wood by hand for 25 years, I just turned 50 this past new years eve and finally bought my first wood splitter too, for the wife. ashe needs to keep her Pipes in shape.
(BP)
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was thinking ahead and got married on Feb 14, so Valentines Day and my anniversary is the same day. Only one date to remember and one present to buy. Plus I have all the marketers reminding me ahead of time so no worries about forgetting about it....
Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

My wife done me a huge favor after we was married....to remind me of our anniversary. She had it tattooed on her back (shoulder blade area) in a heart.

The bad thing is after 15yrs. of marriage, I do not get reminded as much as I used to...
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday my valentine went to the eye doctor cuz she was having floaters in her right eye. Good thing she did. She had a big tear in her retina and it was close to being detached. We beat ass over to the Mayo Clinic and she had surgery. I was sure impressed with the doctors over there, the main guy was one of them that just being around him you could tell he was the best. He stayed late and did the surgery last night and she is home. Lets hope everything works out. All joking aside, she is the rock I depend on.
Art
Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Hope everything turns out alright flounder. Everyone else, I truly hope all of you that have a loved one to spend some time with today on valentines day, enjoy and cherish it. Life is to short to piss it away. In the short time since I have joined this site, I have learned a lot from all of you offering your knowledge. I have also got quite a few laughs from reading all the good natured ribbing you guys give each other. Happy Valentines Day to all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.