HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   one of the best things about owning muzzleloaders (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/358368-one-best-things-about-owning-muzzleloaders.html)

stripercrazy 02-09-2012 12:15 PM

one of the best things about owning muzzleloaders

is my wife can't tell one from the other:biggrin:....i'm hopeing she thinks I got OCD and keep cleaning my 1 muzzleloader over and over:rock:

WV Hunter 02-09-2012 01:42 PM

That works with other guns and bows too...not just m/l's :D

nchawkeye 02-09-2012 02:18 PM

How many pairs of shoes does she own???

I have been married 32 years and have 3 daughters...I've already paid for 2 weddings and never asked what they cost...

If I want a new gun, I'm getting a new gun...

Keep on and you'll be washing dishes... :)

HDMontana 02-09-2012 03:55 PM

Kind of like camo clothes. If you keep it all together, they never know when you add more. Remember that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. That worked great with both of my ex wives:biggrin:

Breechplug 02-09-2012 06:41 PM

Oh the Good Ol Days.....back befor I got the wife into hunting I could buy anything as as much as I wanted and she did'nt have a clue. Then when I got her into hunting and she started to hang out at the Bow and Gun Shops she saw the prices on all the stuff and she new.....now there's no getting anything over on her.
I even used to have the UPS Driver deliver my stuff after she went to work....well one day at the Club she met the UPS driver (a Girl) and they became friends.....now she knows it all and I cant get anything past her....Oh I Love Her1

HDMontana 02-09-2012 07:15 PM

Wow, that's a bummer Breachplug. My wife started hunting for the first time last year. After reading your post, I realize I may have created a monster. When she starts reading my hunting magazines I'll know to be on the lookout.:bash:

Semisane 02-09-2012 07:35 PM

I have good reason to be thankful for many things in my life. Up near the top of that list is the fact that my wife has absolutely no interest in shooting, hunting or fishing. That could well be the paramount reason we were able to celebrate forty-five years of happy marriage last Saturday.

oldsmellhound 02-09-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 3910354)
I have good reason to be thankful for many things in my life. Up near the top of that list is the fact that my wife has absolutely no interest in shooting, hunting or fishing. That could well be the paramount reason we were able to celebrate forty-five years of happy marriage last Saturday.

+1 here. Although not to 45 years yet, dear Lord Semi how old are you anyways??? :)

I only have 8 years of happy marriage so far, but hopefully will work out for me as well as it has for you....

She has no interest AT ALL, so I pretty much do whatever I want as long as the bills are paid and she has $$$ for her clothes & accessories....

Semisane 02-09-2012 08:53 PM

dear Lord Semi how old are you anyways??? :)
Old enough to fully appreciate a good looking young gal without feeling a burning desire to bed her. ;)

I was born the same year as Rudy Giuliani, Ben Stein, George Lucas and Brenda Lee (all of whom have a lot more money and are smarter than I ) :s14: , and am exactly two years older to the day than Laura Bush.

gregrn43 02-10-2012 02:16 AM

My wife of 25yrs started hunting with me 17yrs ago. Now when I buy something I have to buy double.