HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   one of the best things about owning muzzleloaders (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/358368-one-best-things-about-owning-muzzleloaders.html)

nchawkeye 02-10-2012 04:49 AM

Unfortunately shooting and hunting isn't the only thing my wife isn't interested in anymore...... :)

cayugad 02-10-2012 05:52 AM

I remember, (when I was married) my wife was on one of her rants. She told me that if I purchased one more "gun, " she would leave me. I immediately left the house, drove to a large department store. I purchased a new 7mm Ruger M77, a matching scope, and a suitcase. When I got home I showed her the new rifle. And smiling, handed her the suitcase, and told her that was for her. Having given her a gift, you would've thought she would have been happy. But no... That woman was furious. Women are hard to figure some time.

I say if money is not the problem, then buy things (within reason of course) that make you happy. My problem is space right now. I hate clutter and rifles leaning in corners do not please me. So I have stopped buying rifles for now.

Muley Hunter 02-10-2012 07:02 AM

LOL...You sound a lot like me when I was married. Key word being "was".

HDMontana 02-10-2012 07:18 AM

Cayugad, if you want to clean up a little, you can send some of those rifles out to me and I can store them for you.:biggrin:

gman57 02-10-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by nchawkeye (Post 3910408)
Unfortunately shooting and hunting isn't the only thing my wife isn't interested in anymore...... :)

42 yrs ,I hear ya:s13:

Blackpowdersmoke 02-10-2012 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3910431)
I purchased a new 7mm Ruger M77, a matching scope, and a suitcase. When I got home I showed her the new rifle. And smiling, handed her the suitcase, and told her that was for her.

That's funny Dave! Fortunately, my Mrs. and I have a great marriage going on 19 yrs. now. She is also a hunter, shooter and a gun lover (although she doesn't own as many as I do) so if I were to come home with a gun and a suitcase, she would probably say "I'll take the gun, you can have the suitcase"....BPS

Semisane 02-10-2012 10:12 AM

:s2::s2: Cayugad, your story reminds me of the old saying, "I got a gun for my wife. Best trade I ever made!"

MountainDevil54 02-10-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by nchawkeye (Post 3910408)

Yeah but you can't blame her for that... Its okay, it happens to every guy your age, it doesn't make you less of a man. :poke:

MountainDevil54 02-10-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 3910441)
LOL...You sound a lot like me when I was married. Key word being "was".

I didn't know you had been married! I always thought the stick floated the other way with you :eek:

Blackpowdersmoke 02-10-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3910484)
I didn't know you had been married! I always thought the stick floated the other way with you :eek:

EEYOWWW!!...I ain't touchin' that with a ten foot stick, no matter which way it floats! :biggrin: ...BPS