Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

He made it

Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default He made it

Its been 2 months since I got a pic of the big one that I have spent so much time hunting this year with no luck I might add. At least I know he made it through the season. I sure would have liked to put a tag on him, it just wasnt in the cards, ,maybe next season.
Attached Thumbnails He made it-prms0273.jpg   He made it-prms0275.jpg  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad he survived deer season.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

You see what time your cam is going off. My friend has been chasing one like that in Mich. for 4 years. Comes in between 2 & 4 AM, his antlers are now in decline. even during the rut the camera never caught him in daylight. Hope he slips up and you get him. Awesome looking deer.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never laid eyes on this buck. I do have several pics of him all at night. I'm gonna do some major scouting at the end of this month and in march to see if I can find his sheds. The spot I'm hunting is an island in the river bottoms subject to flooding when the river gets up. The woods are extremely thick with vines all through them. A perfect place for a big buck to hide.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

The big one I had been hunting for 5 years was killed by a car a week into the bow season. Made me very unhappy, but there isn't much can be done about the car hits.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I am glad to hear that you can make another try on him. That is a great buck. When do they drop antlers around you?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

They dont get that big because there stupid. Most all, 99% of the big bucks around here never get shot they end up dying of old age or getting hit by a car or truck during the rut.
Like you some of the one's we see on camera never show themselves during daylight, even during the rut they breed at night if at all. Once they reach a certain age they only have one thing on there mind and that's survival.
That one's a beauty for sure, he's like one we've been after that never shows during the daylight, I know he's still out there because last week my wife almost hit him on here way home from work as he was crossing the road onto one of my buddys farms. He's a Big 8 like the one in your pic, very similar. Were guessing he scores in the high 140's possibly 150's.
Good luck and hope you find the sheds and figure out his patterns. The bucks around here should start losing there racks any time now, but with this mild winter who knows when they'll drop em.
(BP)
Old 02-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

That's a nice looking buck. Hopefully he is spreading some genes into the offspring around there. Gives a person something to look forward to knowing you have a big guy running around next season.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

He is a stud for sure. Good luck with him!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

That SURE IS A NICE BUCK. This might help you!
http://www.opticsplanet.net/atnamtmo41st.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.