Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lets do the opposite now >

Lets do the opposite now

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lets do the opposite now

Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

My biggest buck to date. About 10 yds.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

My closest was about 20 feet with the BK92.

I had a bow shot from a blind at about 4 feet but I didnt take the shot as I was waiting for antlers! Stupid, I did not get a deer that year. The kids went hungry (well for lack of venison anyway. They had to eat cow instead!)
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My closest deer was an unmeasured 50 feet or so. We were walking toward each other on a well worn game trail. I saw the deer before it saw me, and was able to move my rifle from being slinged over my shoulder, to being cocked, aimed, and fired before the deer made an evasive move. The 300g XTP hit it straight on in the chest, and it rolled over, and was dead, just as i arrived after reloading.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

10 yards with a muzzleloader.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

About 9 feet, it was the last day of the season and I had not even seen a deer, was hunting in a fence row about 3 trees wide 3 deer came running from an other place and came right down the fence row while I was on the ground under my stand eating my dinner I seen them coming and rolled around behind the tree and they just kept coming right at my tree I shot my 54 Hawken when she turned to go around the tree [120 grains RS and PRB it went in behind her shoulder and when the smoke cleared there was two deer laying there the ball had gone through the chest of the doe and hit the 6 point behind her in the neck and dropped both on the spot.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I was'nt going to brag but after reading all the post I guess Im going to.
My closest shot was actually -4 yds, I had a buck walking twords me while I was in my stand and I could'nt get a shot, so I let him walk by, then at 4 yds I took him out.
(BP)
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I was ground hunting in a makeshift blind of limbs and leafs. I seen 4 doe come into the wood lot, I was hunting at a dead run. One was heading straight for me, I actually about jumped out because I thought she was going to run me over. She finally turned just a hair to pass on the left side of the blind, My barrel was already resting on a limb, I had propt up on the tree. As she was passing i pulled the trigger. Couldn't have been more than 3 ft. from me and maybe 6" from the barrel. Never had the chance to even shoulder the gun but, she was so close there was no way, I could miss.

Probably could have shot one closer about 6yrs. ago. I was sitting in a barn overlooking a field and had a yearling (by hisself) come from the side, I was not watching. He was passing me at about 4 ft. by the time i caught him in my vision. He looked straight at me and stoped, then started to walk away. He got about 20ft. and turned and came back, Walked right up to me and was sniffing me, his nose was about a foot from my chest. After about 10sec. ( seemed like 10 min.) he just kinds trotted off, out to about 10ft. and looked back and then began on his way. I just set frozen in that chair and I could count his eyelashes. It was by far the coolest hunting moment, I have had. I have never had one that close again and probably, never will.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 01-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably about 10ft, the buck walked up the logging road where I was up a tree. Shot him with my TC renegade with a buffalo bullet.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Fork Horn

20 yards with a muzzleloader. My closest was with a crossbow. I had a doe follow my trail right to my blind. I built a blind under a spruce tree, just from a few limbs. The doe followed my trail right up under the tree. Separated only by the trunk, I put the arrow centre of her chest, head on.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

About 20 feet. I was in a ladder stand attached to a white oak tree. A spike was feeding around on acorns when he fed on around to my left side I shot him in the neck with a 58 caliber flintlock with a PBR pushed with 90gr. Of GOEX 2-f

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.